Beiträge von JackVane

First post so be nice :)

I have recently updated to Logic Pro 10.4.5 from the previous version and have since lost the ability to write automation from my Virus TI Desktop hardware.

I am running Mojave 10.14.5 on a 2018 MBP 15"

When recording, I move a parameter physically on the Virus, the sound changes through my speakers though when I change the automation mode from write or latch or touch to read just to check the recording, there is no variation in anything... this is the same with all parameters. I can see visually that nothing has been written on the automation track.

Automation is working with all other third party plugins and default Apple made plugins also.

Importantly, if I use the plugin for the Virus and move the parameters with my trackpad, the automation can be written and read back.

I have looked through the settings as best I could and have even reloaded the software for the Virus through Virus control with no luck, is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance guys, this forum has been really helpful in the past in my own troubleshooting and this is the first time I have had to create my own post to ask a question.

Almost did a clean install of Mohave myself for the exact same issue when I accidentally fixed the problem by turning off "Secure boot security" by booting into the recovery partition of Mac OS 10.14

Here is an article on how to get there, this fixed my problem where otherwise my machine was not able to see the Virus either in Virus control centre nor inside Logic Pro X. Hope this helps someone!

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208198

Just change to "No security" for the Secure boot menu. I also changed External boot to "Allow booting from external media" also though I feel this may not be related.

This could help avoid completely wiping your machine needlessly for the same result.

Cheers.

Has this worked for anyone else? I'm still a little hesitant to upgrade again trusting this fix after having to downgrade back to Mountain Lion.

Would appreciate some feedback thanks ^^

Couldn't wait (what got me into this position in the first place) and did the upgrade to 10.9 anyway, installed the Virus beta with no problem and am using my Virus with LPX.

Despite the long wait, thank you Access for the fix.

Has this worked for anyone else? I'm still a little hesitant to upgrade again trusting this fix after having to downgrade back to Mountain Lion.

Would appreciate some feedback thanks ^^