Beiträge von MaF

Hi there, I don't know if this has been requested already.

I think it would be great if one could drag & drop the arp pattern from Virus Control into the arrange window of your DAW and place it there as a MIDI sequence. Making it possible to trigger other Instruments as well.

What do the others think?

cheers
    Marcus

Earlier versions: I select a different preset via mouseclick and immediately play a note – the new sound can be heard.
    4.0.5: I select a different preset via mouseclick and immediately play a note – the old sound can be heard.

I thought, ok let's ignore this automation in Cubase and record the cutoff change by moving the knob on the harware. I had proper cutoff change during the recording but playing back the bit – no cutoff change.
    What am I doing wrong? Is it not that easy? Or is it something in Cubase I have to change?

thanks
    MaF

I was extremely happy to see this update come out, that was until I realized that my Cubase is fucked now after installing this. Any recent projects made which contain the Virus will no longer load. Trying to do so just causes cubase to throw an error and need to be force closed back to the desktop. Any projects which do not contain the Virus work fine. I even went back to the previous Virus version and it still does nothing. I have no clue what has gone wrong, but these exact projects were used last night without issue. Now they won't load. Damn me anyways.

I was scared but then I tried. I updated my Virus TI Desktop to OS 4, loaded Cubase (4.5.2.274) and loaded a project that contained a Virus before. Everything fine here. This is on OS X 10.6.2

(And what the hell again is wrong with the quote function here?)

1. The mono button - sounds simple enough, just use the mono whenever you don't need the polyphonic note overlaps. It saves voices be default. Sometimes it can even pay of to use a long reverb tail to "fake" a long release time, instead of using long release which would eat up a lot of voices.

Great hints.
    But where exactly is such a mono button?
    I guess it it supposed to bring the preset into monophonic mode?

M

P.S. What is wrong with the Quote function in this forum?

Marc, it is proven that dark letters on whitish background are much more tiring for the eyes than light letters on black background. This is not a personal preference.

Marcus

I worked on some projects, updated to 3.1, went on holiday, came back, started my projects and my Virus TI desktop doesn't make a single sound. The USB connection seems fine. All the presets become updated when loading a different song. However, there is absolutely no sound. Anyone with the same problem or with an idea?

Thank you
    Marcus