Beiträge von JohnBurns

Hiya

Yup - managed to do some google research yesterday evening and discovered this way of doing it. However, I can't seem to get the Amp Decay and Amp Sustain knobs to send any data - Attack and release work OK, but not the two in the middle!

Also - after selecting INIT TEMPLATE and working on that one, I can't get the Remote section to actually Save the template, so I used the Atmosphere one!

I must add, I didn't programme the CC's in the VC, I used CMD-L on the Mac to learn the control associations in ESX24 and Alchemy!

Hi All

I am using my TI with LogicProX - VC works very well and I have no real complaints.

However, when I am using several instruments from the TI in a particular project I often find it frustrating having to control the mix in two separate locations i.e. in the LogicPro mixer AND in the VC plug-in mixer. In addition, if I use the TI for both some backing pads/bass/arp AND I also use the TI for a Lead sound, I find it doubly frustrating.

Not all the time, but I would like to be able to somehow match each patch in VC to its own LogicPro track, but alas I don't think this is possible at all. I often use the TI in 3-Stereo Out mode, which does allow for 3 separate LogicPro tracks, and therefore be able to control the VC patches via a combination of three Logic mixer channels.

So, is there any way it is possible to have a separate Logic track for each VC instrument patch, please?

Thanks all.
    John

djantimatter
    Virus always goes into USB mode when my Mac is switched on and to play it standalone I have to disconnect the USB Cable from it.

Config > Local > On

That will avoid you having to unplug the USB cable.

Also, no problems here with my set up.

Original TI Keyboard, latest Virus Control, Mac OSx 10.10.5, 2.3GHz i5, 16GB, Logic Pro X

Hi Ruari

Do you know if this was ever resolved please? I have this afternoon posted a thread asking about how to assign Aftertouch in the Mod Matrix - but can't find the setting to do that. Is there actually a way to assign aftertouch to control one or more parameters?

Hi All

Firstly - seasons greetings to everyone, hope you're all ready and set up for the Christmas break!

OK, I am simply wanting to assign Aftertouch to an existing patch in the Chiaroscuro sound set available on here. The patch is 'EscapistTU' and I want the aftertouch to control the filter cutoff. I look at the MATRIX tab, but on one of the available Slots I don't see 'Aftertouch' as a selectable option in the drop down as the source!

Can someone please advise me... many thanks.

John

Hi All

Apologies if this is basic, but I am trying to figure out how to create an echo effect on the virus. I want to play a smooth lead synth type sound, and have that played back to me with 3 echoes, each a predetermined time apart. I can create a delay, but this doesn't seem to do what I want, is there a way to create an echo please?

Thanks all

John

Hi All

I am fascinated with this sound, and have some ideas as to how I'd like to use it with some of my weird and whacky (and rubbish) compositions!!

[soundcloud]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/soundcloud]

I wonder if anyone could advise me on how I could recreate this sound on the Virus please? I am totally inexperienced in sound design, and tend to use patches or amend them slightly as required and wouldn't have a clue where to start with creating this one. It's the first 10 or so seconds of the sound I'd like to recreate, but as you can hear, it continues in the mix into the start of the awesome accompaniment.

Is anyone able to advise me please, or even have a bash - I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

John

HI All

I seem to have forgotten how to do this... but I need to add a new track in Logic Pro 9 for another TI track.

I added a software instrument as the Main TI track, and used the first channel in Virus control for my bass line. I now want to add another track in Logic for additional lines (arp and strings).

I replicated the track, set MIDI 1as the source for the first bass track, and set MIDI 2 as the source for the second track. In Virus Control, I selected an arp, but nothing plays at all from that track.

What am I doing wrong please, and how do I fix this? Do I need to start again by adding 8 Virus tracks in a new Logic Project and copying across what I have done already?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

John

Always good when it works in the end. Mini panics always spice life up a bit.

Yes indeed they do! I did have a major panic, especially after I waited for something to happen and it didn't! I tried powering the TI on, to no avail... and thought my beloved synth had died and would need (an expensive) trip back to Access.

However, the software running the upgrade notified me exactly what to do, and when I followed those instructions, everything resumed.

Great work Access! :)

Hi All

Weird effect I am experiencing here - probably due to the fact I am an idiot, but hey ho.

I created three tracks over 8 bars using VC, and an additional percussion track using Maschine MIKRO. I wanted to simply duplicate those 8 bars from each of the tracks, and simply copied and pasted them to commence straight after one another. However, the sound from the copied set is hugely different in volume (on all three VC tracks) than the original.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone advise why this might be happening please?

I am happy to post to soundcloud if required, but please bare in mind, I am crap and nothing compared to the standard of you guys.

Hi All

Firstly, I am no sound designer... never created anything before, but I have recently watched a youtube video by a member on here explaining a method of using the Virus Arp as a step sequence. This gave me an idea that I want to try just for some fun which is to attempt to recreate a super arp/sequence off a track I really like. However, I think I can create the notes to be used in the sequence using the method described, but what I have no clue about is how to make any effect I use on the sequence last as long as the entire sequence, rather than when any new note is triggered.

So, say I wanted to fade in the filter cut-off (or any desired effect) over the 32 notes of the sequence, and then restart when the sequence starts again on note 1, how would I do that?

Is this enough information for someone to offer help please?

For those who may be interested, the sequence/arp is from a superb track called Embrace by Skagen. It's a Maj7th chord in the sequence, and sounds superb.