Beiträge von mitchiemasha

Most people jumping from the VST world to the hardware world start to realise a few things.

You have to actually learn what certain settings do to actually get things to work properly. The virus TI is pretty much plug and play now so a lot of other hardware problems I get do not happen with it.

Jrob... I keep coming back to these posts.

My Virus TI 1 works totally integrated. Using my virus helps me get more creative over using say sylnth (which i love) or nexus. I'm not a Massive (the vst) fan because i've not learned it yet. The only thing I wish about my TI is that i had 2, hell even 4. My projects virus parts are always crammed full of controller changing curves. This is what i love over having a quite static synth patch. With out the knobs I just wouldn't explore but perhaps more tunes would get finished instead of just playing with sound.

I was working a few weeks back and started to notice problems. A serious, somethings not right here a 'oh no not this again' feeling!!! Here's what happened, during comparing the TI audio outs to my firewire interface audio outs, switching between asio drivers etc, problems started. Before i was overcome with great sadness i rebooted my computer, all fine. After a few more test i came to a very simple conclusion, My virus in my set up, if changing the audio driver, asio etc to a different device I need to reboot. Even if i set the right setting the virus wont like it.

My Nord & Novations hardly get a look in because of NO TI!!! My TI works, only problem is I can't get as many voices/patches i'd like from it. This is related to DSP power not USB. I want to be able to have more heavily note stacked patches, more DSP intensive sounds, before i run out of power.

The main ingredient for a TI3, more power in the DSP or more of them OR BOTH!!!!

Who Knows they might even be waiting to see whats happening with USB3 before we see a TI3. That's if we ever see 1.... Like Mr mowgli suggests, it might just be too complicated and variable to get a stable across the board platform. But skipping USB 2 altogether, getting 3 ironed out, might be a good idea for future proof for 4 etc or what ever's next. Once they have a model they'd need it to stay in date for sales longevity.

I still have no understanding of the fundamentals of volume, compression, and EQ... I've bought some books, but they're all crap & too slow.

No offence but if you don't understand the fundamentals of volume, compression, and eq, you're still a novice... You might be very creative as a musician, even talented at producing artists but in ten years as an engineer you'd understand these things quite well.

Ozone is good, especially at mid and beginner level. I suggest reading their papers on how to use it. Try even just taming down the settings of the presets.

Try getting better monitors and room treatment. Then learn your tools better. You wont get the mega pro results with these tools but you're not going to get better results than ozone from any other mid priced VST. If you can't get ozone to work, you wont get the others to work either.

My favorite master limiter is by kj something or other audio. it's free with 1 knob.

I use Cubase 5 and Virus Ti mk1 with have no crashes! My Ti runs on nearly all my projects but with only 1 or 2 parts from it. The parts in which have lots of crazy automation. Any other simple patches will be VST.

Sounds like you have a problem.

Hi everyone,

I always worked with software like sylenth1 and massive, but it looks like it's harder for me to create a kind of basic sound
    out of the Virus then out of the plugins like sylenth1!?
    !

Because there are plenty of how to videos on you tube about sylenth and massive, not so much the Virus. You will have picked them up nice and quickly. There is no way I believe that if you fully understand both of those VST's that you are struggling with the Virus. Sylenth is very simple to follow and so is the Virus. Massive can be a lil confusing if anything at first. Using all of them I'd have to say the Virus interface is the simplest. The only complexity in it is that it offers more features but you can ignore this until your knowledge grows.

You will also begin to see why the controls are laid out exactly as they are as opposed to the simplicity of sylenth, simply because that feature isn't available. Like fading between oscillator types instead of just selecting the wave for the osc.

For me, once you know 1 synth, you pretty much know them all. At a medium level anyways!

Thing is with these simple tutorials, if the patch already exists, we don't need the tutorial. Simply reverse engineer the patch and you can see exactly how it was done.

I have loads of Virus syx banks. Not sure how to load them into a virus B as i have a TI. These maybe A,B or C banks but I think they all work on each other regardless just with out the elements of the newer synth. I could be wrong about that.

I've also got this syx midi loader software thing. It was a free download and didn't take long to figure out. I used this on my KS rack and a JV1080. It will work on a virus no doubt too.

Shot me an email or add me on facebook, we can chat. http://www.facebook.com/mitchiemasha

Just realised you have a snow now. Loading the syx files may still work.

Worry not... The geniuses at Access would never of missed this feature. With in VC there is a setting where you can change the pitch bend range, Bender Up & Bender Down... It's in the Common tab.

Also pressing edit on your virus until you get Common1/3, then press parameter until you get Common 3/3 and there is your bender range.