Beiträge von vember

Indeed, looking zoom in recording "Wave" the start "slams"
    Tried lots of solutions...
    I have one, which "once in 5 clicks" (the next 4 others do not) and the click is very low
    With an Attack of "19" and Decay of "0"
    - Full LFO(1) square/ Trigger Phase 127/
    - In the matrix: LFO(1) assigned to "0" on attack because boosted with the "10%constant" of "22"

Nice, yours sounds better with the longer attack.

This seems odd. I have to try this myself.

BTW, a sine wave doesn’t have any „top end“ as there‘s no harmonics at all. Are you sure the Noise OSC is completely off?

As already asked: Do you see the click in the waveform if the recorded sound?

You're right about the harmonics, I realized that after I wrote that and was playing around with it more. I think the click gives the illusion of there being higher frequencies, but when its gone you just hear the pure signal.

And no actually, zooming into the wav it looks like it does start at zero and then begins to oscillate.

I'll attach the patch. If anyone can make a better pure sine wave patch feel free to share it.

1 oscillator, punch 0, phase init 127, amp env 19 - 25 the click starts to diminish if I turn the high eq all the way down. And for some reason the wavetable sine seems to have less click noise than the classic sine.

It's got a lo-fi vibe since all the top end frequencies have been cut over 10kHz but the click is mostly gone.

I was hoping it would retain some of that high end with the wave starting at the zero crossing.

This was mostly just an experiment since I love using sine waves in combination with other oscillators but the click gets annoying to deal with.

I've tried adjusting phase init on both OSC 1 and OSC 2 with Sync both on and off and it doesn't stop sine waves from clicking no matter what level I set the phase init to.

What am I missing?

Are there any in-the-box tricks to preventing sine waves from clicking when they start besides adjusting attack or putting a fade on the start of the recording? :|

There is an emulator for the DSP that runs B/C ROMS, and another one in a demo-mode limited state that does TI/TI2. I've used both and think it's great that the synths are being preserved but the hardware is still the best option for now.

The trick to getting it to work via USB 2.0 in Live for me is to enable Delay Compensation, disable Reduced latency when monitoring, and make sure in the settings the driver error compensation is configured to be 0 ms. This works well enough for recording but it would not be good enough for a live performance as the output is very tight most of the time but sometimes it will go out of sync. Hitting stop/start refreshes it and its good to go for another recording take.

Anyone want to take a stab at recreating this dub techno stab?

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Possibly 3 OSC, one sub, the others + 3 and + 7 semitones. Saws or similar with a square sub.

Velocity set to open the filters. This is where the real magic happens. There's a quick envelope on the LPF but more sweeping action from the HPF.

Long hall reverb and tape clocked delay.

Square LFO or S&H is also opening the filter more possibly out of sync to give some randomness.

And maybe some FM, saturation, and distortion.

I will upload a .zip with the patch bank if I get close in my attempt.

This can be approached by a very narrow pulse wave, and two or more resonant filters for which the frequency changes in opposite directions. The Vowel Filter is one way to achieve this quite fast, but it can also be done with other types of filters

This was explained really well and that's exactly how I've done it in the past using LPF and HPF together. Different kind of sound but still cool.

Your patches are awesome especially #4. It sounds almost just like it if you play it while playing the verse riff. I think he must be layering synths in the mix to make it sound as huge as he does. It's probably not a sound that can be done with one single patch. There's some kind of sub layer that thickens it up on top of whatever wizardry of post processing and mastering that's going on.

And Lioio pretty much nailed the intro sound with that patch too nice work.

I'll play around with those wavetables you suggested also GESchwalm thanks.

I've attached a patch I made the other night before I made this thread. It's more "Tipper inspired" than directly trying to recreate the sound as I always seem to veer off coarse in my attempts. If I come up with anything in further experiments worthy of this thread I will post them.

Yes

And now, more OOOH*

* Changez l'extension " .jpg " (ici) avec ".mp3 "

This is the same "problem" I have with it. Once you get more vowel filter effect it starts to sound drowned out. Tipper is able to make it sound super vowel filtered but also crispy and thick and not muddy.

Now for the hard part: How to get the verse lead sound. Every note is a different vowel, like there's keytracking involved. There's way more to the sound though. Obviously some kind of filter envelope but the sound almost splatters and squelches.

Here's a bank with a couple of patches. First is with the concept by Lioio pulse wave with vowel filter. Second is only Grain Complex oscillator. Third is Grain Complex with vowel filter.

I guess it takes some deeper understanding of how all the elements interact to achieve the Tipper level of sound design.

Hey thanks that is really awesome of you. I will play around with these later, looking forward to it!

That's not bad, and pretty close. He is modulating the vowel more but you're definitely on the right track with this.

My problem with the vowel filter is it always seems to muddy up the sound too much. It's hard to get it to still have that grindy gritty texture when using the vowel filter but without the vowel filter you can't get the real vocal formant sound. There's some magical balance to getting it to sound as good as he can.