One day away from winter NAMM!

• I'm totally satisfied with the TI2 as is but it would be nice if Access added some new filter types (comb filter in the filter section) or some sort of iPad integration. Native Instruments, Spectrasonics, Korg, Yamaha, and even Moog have gone that route seems like everyone has jumped on the iPad wagon except Access. Virus Powercore for iPad?

• The one thing i really really love about Access is their commitment to a product and not lots of products!.. I hope they do not bring out a TI3 as this will leave other Virus models unsupported (or not as much).
    I bought a Roland Juno Stage recently and there has been no updates to its firmware, even though it has bugs... all related software is still 1.0.0!!!! people complain, Roland say its discontinued and has no plans to upgrade software!...
    My point is Access have my vote because they are committed to their products, and support it for years to come. That is 50% of the reason i opted to buy my Virus TI2, so less is more!.. but a sampling option along with the virus engine would be nice, building on rather than issuing a new technology. Bug fixes!! before new products.... 8)

• The one thing i really really love about Access is their commitment to a product and not lots of products!.. I hope they do not bring out a TI3 as this will leave other Virus models unsupported (or not as much).
    I bought a Roland Juno Stage recently and there has been no updates to its firmware, even though it has bugs... all related software is still 1.0.0!!!! people complain, Roland say its discontinued and has no plans to upgrade software!...
    My point is Access have my vote because they are committed to their products, and support it for years to come. That is 50% of the reason i opted to buy my Virus TI2, so less is more!.. but a sampling option along with the virus engine would be nice, building on rather than issuing a new technology. Bug fixes!! before new products.... 8)

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• …it would be nice if Access added some new filter types (comb filter in the filter section) or some sort of iPad integration…

How would a comb filter in the filter section differ from the one we already have?

Also, I don't see why you want to control your Virus from an iPad other than for the geeky 'cos you can factor, unless you have the Snow you already have all the knobs & buttons you need right there in front of you in all their tangible glory. Why would you need to involve another device?

• A comb filter in the filter section would allow you the option of running comb filters in either series or parallel as well as having dual comb filters and an iPad controller for the TI would be nice as it would completely free me from using the mouse. I still find myself reaching for the mouse even after I've created a touchOSC template for the volume and panning of each channel in Virus Ctrl.

• A comb filter in the filter section would allow you the option of running comb filters in either series or parallel as well as having dual comb filters

That's if you got two of them, we only get the Moog style ladder filters on one side. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but I don't know how easy it would be to implement - the comb filter we have now has 3 control parameters.

…an iPad controller for the TI would be nice as it would completely free me from using the mouse. I still find myself reaching for the mouse even after I've created a touchOSC template for the volume and panning of each channel in Virus Ctrl.

I still don't see how using an iPad is better than turning the knobs on the actual hardware that's right in front of you, even if you are using a multi you can use the part buttons to quickly select which part you want to adjust then turn the knob or knobs.

• What a lot of people seem to be neglecting is the fact that not everyone has their TI within arms reach as the unit is rack mountable and scrolling through multimode is yes very straightforward but not as gratifying as having complete hands on control without the use of a mouse or menu diving. I really love Acces as a company and am the former owner of a C and the proud owner of a TI2 so I'm by no means bitching. I totally understand that a lot of software and hardware manufactures have fallen into the iPad "pitfall" but I have total faith that if the people at Access were to develop an application for iOS that it would be rock solid. Just an idea guys not saying that they're behind the curve of technology or anything like that as I'm for one about sick and tired of this analogue nostalgia that seems to be going around. I'm not trying to start an analog vs digital war on here but I have owned several analog synths and with that being said if you can't get the Virus to sound "analog" enough for you than you probably don't know how to program very deeply.

• A comb filter in the filter section would allow you the option of running comb filters in either series or parallel as well as having dual comb filters and an iPad controller for the TI would be nice as it would completely free me from using the mouse. I still find myself reaching for the mouse even after I've created a touchOSC template for the volume and panning of each channel in Virus Ctrl.

Hello...

Dont want to change the subject here, but does touch osc work with the virus ti ? .............Clearly it must from what you wrote here, but I mean could I create a template to use with a midi cable from my ipad instead of using the virus plug in software ?

Hope that makes sense.

• Hello...

Dont want to change the subject here, but does touch osc work with the virus ti ? .............Clearly it must from what you wrote here, but I mean could I create a template to use with a midi cable from my ipad instead of using the virus plug in software ?

Hope that makes sense.

Yes as long as you use MIDI cc's and not OSC touchOSC should work fine. I used this listing of the TI's cc's to make my volume and panning template for touchOSC http://elektron-users.com/inde…oc_view&gid=520&Itemid=30