Are these features possible.

• Features that would really take the virus to the next level would be:

super fast lfo's to the audible range. This would surely double the possibilities in sound creation.

feedback to filter. A feature that you see on the moog phatty with 'overload' and now mini brute with its 'brute factor'. These are analogue synths though so I assume the effect isnt easily recreated in the digital realm. But the process is surely possible.

Are these features possible cos they would be amazing additions.

• For pitch modulation, you can get very close to this by using FM and setting the modulating oscillator pitch to -48 semitones.

They should first fix the bug with FM notes above C7 in high polyphony...

feedback to filter. A feature that you see on the moog phatty with 'overload' and now mini brute with its 'brute factor'. These are analogue synths though so I assume the effect isnt easily recreated in the digital realm. But the process is surely possible.

The filter distortion unit is supposed to do just that in saturation. Moreover, you've got the "analog filter" mode that specifically mimics the behavior of the original (mini?)Moog.

• They should first fix the bug with FM notes above C7 in high polyphony...

The filter distortion unit is supposed to do just that in saturation. Moreover, you've got the "analog filter" mode that specifically mimics the behavior of the original (mini?)Moog.

the filters on the virus have drive and are still really nice sounding but to be able to route the output of the filters back into its self to cause that type of distortion heard in the moog would be a dream. I think it would have to be rerouted after the filters and not at the end of the whole signal chain because the virus effects would then be affected.

Surely people would like the super fast lfos though. ideally on all 3 lfos or what about oscillator 3 as a modulation source

• The best analog emulation i've found so far is on u-he ace. Ace stands for any cable anywhere meaning you can route any of the lfo's envelopes or oscs anywhere. The lfo's go from 0hz up to way beyond the audible range, and can modulate the osc's, the osc's can modulate lfo's, filter cutoff, resonance etc. Its great fun to use.

It would definitely be nice to see this on the virus, certainly opens up a lot of sound design possibilities.

• The state variable representation of the Virus filters probably have a feedback block in them already. I would guess that the drive would be some sort of nonlinear wave shaping block that models the nonlinear response of semiconductor (or vacuum tube) current-voltage relationships outside of a particular range of inputs.

I don't think my TI2 will ever come close to replacing my Eurorack modular and vice versa. There are just way too many patch points and routs possible on the modular. Also I can add features at will by acquiring more modules. The modular is not going to do high polyphony or chords any time soon (though with my Morphing Terrarium it does wave table scanning). My opinion is sort of in the other direction; that is I think an analog modular and a TI2 complement each other quite nicely. This is one of the reasons why I got the TI2.

I also am a fan of ACE. It sounds great, is priced quite well, and for me is fun to program. DCAM Synth Squad does a pretty nice job at analog emulation as well.

• Obviously the Virus won't replace any modular synth, but it comes as close as just about any VA other than the Arturia Origin or Nord Modular series. While I would love to have Eurorack alongside my Virus its just not always economically feasible for all to have multiple thousand dollar synths lying around, though some think it is the key to making quality music...

There are plenty of things I would love to see implemented on the Virus to take it even closer to a modular synth which is why most of my posts on this site are suggestions for Mod Matrix destinations. :D

I don't think my TI2 will ever come close to replacing my Eurorack modular and vice versa. There are just way too many patch points and routs possible on the modular. Also I can add features at will by acquiring more modules. The modular is not going to do high polyphony or chords any time soon (though with my Morphing Terrarium it does wave table scanning). My opinion is sort of in the other direction; that is I think an analog modular and a TI2 complement each other quite nicely. This is one of the reasons why I got the TI2.

• I don't rate the arturia stuff at all - their emulations don't appear to be very complex at all, just rough architectural clones rather than actually mimicking the behaviour in any great detail. The virus seems to recreate the feedback in the analogue filter models by expressing it as an oscillator (which you can crossfade with the filtered output at will - something you can't do on analogue!) - essentially just an unstable pole added to the filter, but with a nonlinear block somewhere in there to get the distortion - its a shame you don't get a pcm version of the filter resonance in the oscillators (maybe you do and I missed it) because its actually a really nice sounding oscillator...

I actually heard an analogue filter having its cutoff modulated with a fast LFO the other day - it sounds awesome, would love to get that sound on the virus...