TI Snow and Logic clock sync problems

• I am noticing that my Snow, when running as a TI plugin, wreaks havoc with Logic's midi clock. LFOs of plugins go way out of sync, as do external hardwire devices receiving MIDI clock from a physical MIDI out. I though I had the problem sussed last night, when it seemed as though activating LIVE mode on the plugin fixes these timing problems, but it's back today and apparently unfixable.

Does anyone have any experience with this and is there a particular preferences configuration within Logic which best deals with this problem?

• Hi,

I´m dealing with sync problems when trying to use my Virus TI (5.0.3) together with my Mac pro Nehalem, Osx 10.8.5 and Logic Pro 10.0.3, but I had this type of problem always, all thru my different Macs (G5´s) and various Versions of Logic Pro…
    For some reason, the Virus looses sync in a cycle and sometimes also the pitch is fluttering. Trying to work on the project brings out even more problems such like buzz noises and pops, onve left, once right side in the audio stream - but it´s not always. Suddenly the system covers itself and it´s running all good for minutes.

I certainly have all procedures about Logic audio settings, buffer sizes and stuff done. Just a question about syncing the Virus with external house clock via SPDif (I tried that but it seems there´s no difference between w/ or W/o SpDif Sync) and what about the thread parameter in the Logic Prefs? Should they be on "auto" or should they have a special setting?

Is there mayby someting more actual to set up new Logic Pro than the Logic Pro 7 Tutorial?

Thanks for your help in advance

Mike

• Mikinho:
    The crackle and the sync loss are two different issues.
    The crackle is caused by USB bandwidth problems. Since it's OK most of the time and goes haywire every once in a while, I'd suspect there is another USB device sharing bandwidth with the Virus that once in a while sends bursts of data thus leaving less bandwidth for the Virus momentarily. Use the system profiler in order to identify that device, external or internal: it could be a camera that sends a photo over USB, an external storage saving a file, etc. Once you find it, try to rearrange the connections.
    In order to avoid sync loss, try to make your looped sections start and end on a bar marker. Skipping off beat can make some effects lose the MIDI bar/beat count.
    Hope this helps.