Virus Ti Snow Cracking and Pops with Out of Sync Issues Possible Fix.

• Disclaimer: I have not tried this fix for a long time just for 30 mins or so, and still working.
    Ok I just got a Virus snow and all hell broke loose with my iMac. Cracking sounds, out of sync, loud electrical noise followed by no audio from Virus ( Logic Pro 9). I noticed the LIVE button was on (bright) every time it acted up. And sometimes Red Error Telling me to play and stop to clear. I do not know what the LIVE button is for. I have only had my Virus for 3 hours... anyways I clicked on it so that when I play is NOT on (Bright), and wallah... it is all good!!!
    try it and see. Hope it helps!!
    Mike

• The "live" button controls the size of the buffer between the Virus and the VC plugin. This buffer is needed becuse USB has a tendency to jitter while it streams. Since adding a buffer delayes the returning audio, you might hear an audible time difference between when you play a note live and when you hear its sound (when playing back recorded MIDI this delay can be compensated by the DAW). Live mode solves this by reducing the buffer size and thus shortening the dely but making the audio more susceptible to USB jitter. There are other ways to get the correct timing when recording/playing live without the live mode, such as monitoring from the analog outs instead of USB.
    Having said all that, you might still benefit from checking if another USB device (internal or external) takes USB bandwidth from the Virus. Open your system profiler and see which USB devices share the same "branch" as the Virus and how that changes when you connect the Virus to different USB ports.
    Hope this helps (re. this and your other post).

• Thanks for your time in replying to my issue here guys!!! I ended up returning the Virus ( it was a remanufactured one), and now I am waiting for a new one to arrive. I am pretty sure it was the synth and not the comp setup. I tried everything in my power and knowledge including changing usb ports which it is basically impossible to get an usb port without sharing it with something else. It is just the way new iMacs are. I did tried for the least bandwidth eater, but still no luck. I got it to work twice and I was happy, but as soon as I close all the programs and then re open them ( DAW) it would do the same. The only way to get it to make any noise/sound was to
    (while Logic Pro was open) unplug either the power cord, or the usb cord from the Virus Unit. And still pops, loud clicks and out of sync occurred until short circuit like noise appeared and then no sound anymore....
    Hopefully, when the new Unit arrives all will be good!!! :)

• LoveNFrequency im am curious if your problem was solved by buying a new virus snow, because i have simular sync problems. The sync errors occure within 5 minutes if i just regularly use the virus ti 2.. hope you have the solution for your problem

• LoveNFrequency im am curious if your problem was solved by buying a new virus snow, because i have simular sync problems. The sync errors occure within 5 minutes if i just regularly use the virus ti 2.. hope you have the solution for your problem

the sync errors are usually USB related problems and can be solved by changing the USB layout and setup. please contact support by email.
    thanks, marc