USB Device Not Recognized

• I use my Virus TI as my audio interface for my computer. I was watching a video when suddenly the sound cut out, and no sound was working in any program. I went to control panel and it said that I had no audio device installed.

I tried various combinations of rebooting, turning on and off the virus, attaching to different USB ports etc, but instead of picking up the device I am getting the error message popping up in the systray:

USB Device Not Recognized

One of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it.

The location of the device is shown in bold type:

USB Root Hub
    - Unknown Device
    - Unused Port

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but at the point where you are told to connect your virus, it doesn't pick up that the Virus is connected and the installation fails.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,
    Anthony

• Dear Anthony,
    Did you try to reset the Virus TI already? Please unplug your TI from the computer, unplug it from power and also take the power supply out of the power socket. Also remove any other cable going from/to the Virus TI.
    Next plug back only the power supply into the TI and the power supply back into the power socket. Then reset the unit by holding down the ARP EDIT button for a few seconds while the unit is in standby mode. Whenever this is done and the TI has booted up correctly, connect it back to the computer and try it again.

With best regards,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Virus control center cannot find my Virus so it tells me to hold "exit" down when I plug it in. I do that and when I plug it in, windows tells me: device not recognized.

What now?

Virus Polar v.1

windows7x64sp1

running on an intel i7 machine.

• Right, I should reinstall Windows, because obviously nothing could be wrong with the Virus. I've had minor issues with this thing ever since I got it (about 4 years ago) and I think it finally is giving me the finger, after warranty has run out, of course.