Beiträge von thelillyman

Hi Guys,

I've recently started to use my TI as a stand alone instrument & it wasn't until I began playing with a guitarist that I realised my TI is playing a Semi-tone flat of what it would be given what ever note I play. For example if I play a C it voices as a B & if I play a D#/E flat it voices as a D!!!

Am I missing something here - any help would be amazing.

Look forward to a response,

Best, Al

there is a problem with using the virus as a core audio sound device. if you need that functionality, please do not update to 10.9 for now. i'll post an update once i know more.
    best, marc

Hi guys,

Any update on this as yet and any ideas as to when Virus users can start to use Their TI's as sound cards again?

Look forward to hearing a response

Best

Al

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one - I'm having issues in using more than 3 of the Virus' channel outputs at once with Ableton Live! I'm using 3 of them simultaneously with no problems however the moment I try and introduce a fourth I can't seem to be able to figure out the best way to route it!

Can someone please give me some ideas and help regarding this! Look forward to your suggestions, ideas etc!!

Al

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply - very much appreciated -

I have managed to get the audio back again which is great : )

However I can now hear a clicking in my monitors that was not there before!!! I'm slightly confused - It doesn't happen with any other output via my monitors other than when I'm using an instrument (Guitar,synth) via my Virus L+R audio Input - Would you please be able to shed some light on this? Once again this would be greatly appreciated : )

Look forward to some ideas - Best, Lillyman

Hi Guys,

My audio inputs are no longer working - @ First I thought it may have been the instrument I was using however I then used a couple more and also a Synth and there was nothing registering as an input in my DAW (Live) It was all working fine until I was playing with some settings within the software and changed the virus' input config from "2 outputs-no inputs" to "3 outputs 1 input" and the following message appeared "This configuration disables the Virus' ability to as the system sound card - Only use this mode when side chaining inputs is required"

And since this I have not been able to get my inputs to work again - Its not the routing within the DAW as thats all fine - the signal isn't even making it to the DAW - Can some one please shed some light on this and if possible solve this niggling issue for me - that would be greatly appreciated!

Look forward to some ideas and suggestions, Lillyman

Hi mate - sorry for the delay in responding.

I use it via the USB connection - therefore I'll try and remove all other USB connections quickly (I'm doing this as I type) And hey presto it's worked : ) The latency seems to have become pretty slow though - Any hints on picking this up? Preferably getting it back to "real time" would be amazing : )

Anyways thanks mate - look forward to you your response.

All the best,

Alex

Hi Guys - I haven't used my Virus in the last couple of weeks as I've been mainly working with samples however when I came to use it today for some reason that I can't figure out Live isn't even registering a Midi input when I go to use the keyboard to input some notes - There is no indication of a signal in the top right of Live either - I plugged in my little portable midi controller and that was being received fine.

I have updated Live in the last week and was wandering whether or not that may have anything to do with it ?!?!

Can any body out there provide any answers to this riddle because its really annoying me lol

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Thelillyman

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT : ) Praise be to the wonderful world of internet forums and helpful people lol Cheers for all of your input on this one flabberbob! It turned out to be several issues with outboard gear and hardware - as I'm sure you know this can be very frustrating - especially when it comes down to minuscule alterations that prove to have massive re-percussions if not correctly configured! Once again thanks very much - all the best and I very much look forward to the next brain teaser lol Thelillyman

Hi Flabberbob - thanks for the reply!!

Whenever I resample any audio within Live I always delete the source channel just to keep the arrangement organised if anything so the duplication idea is something that I ruled out early on. However I also thought that may be a valid enough reason to cause problems.

Within this particular project it's just the Virus TI that I've worked with - its one 2 min clip that I've wrote to create a crescendo for use with another project that I'm currently working on however I would like it in WAV/MP3 just for use with other projects and also I'm quite proud of the synthesis and sound design with this particular piece so as you can imagine its even more frustrating when the master sounds brilliant within Live however when played via iTunes or any or formatted player it sounds weak, panned and a lot poorer in quality. I can't quite understand what the issue is as I was under the impression with Live that once you had your mix and master ready to go that once its exported its supposed to be like for like in any other format - i'm very confused lol However I am new to Live so there may be something that i'm missing - I wish there were more details I could tell you with regards to the project however its a rather simple one with a single piece of Virus generated synthesis so I didn't even have to worry about having the make the Virus "settle" within the mix amongst separate instruments.

Once again buddy any help or ideas would be great appreciated - thanks for you time . Best, the lillyman

Hi - My intension is to export the re-sampled track to MP3/WAV/AIFF. I think I may have misunderstood what you mean - Also when I listen to the final master within Live the sound is amazing however when I listen to it back in iTunes or any other formatted player there is a slight panning taking place and lesser sound quality - whats the best way of exporting tracks and maintaining the great "Master"sound that I managed to achieve within Live - Any ideas and info welcome! Best, thelillyman

Hi Guys,

I've read quite a bit about this in various other threads on this forum and others - my main issue is that I render the Virus TI via setting up an Audio channel in Live and then setting this channel to "Re-sampling" this is the standard way that I have read about and apparently the best way to export a virus produced piece of synthesis! However when I go to export a message still pops up advising me of the following "Offline rendering or freezing to disk of the Virus TI tracks is not supported, Please use the realtime rendering functionality provided by your host to avoid noise and crackle" and when the track is rendered and mixed/mastered and exported via the new "re-sampling" audio channel via the master channel I can hear a very annoying hissing on the MP3/WAV/AIFF file - also the sound quality on the final MP3/WAV/AIFF is no where near up to scratch with what it should be once mastered and produced within Ableton.

Please help...this is very annoying as I've trouble shooter several methods and ideas and I still can't get a grip on this one - would love to hear some ideas and suggestions, look forward to hearing from you - best, thelillyman

Hi Guys,

I know that you can change the functionality of the Mod Wheel (i.e. change it so it effects the tone or the warp settings as apposed to Mod) on the Polar because I've stumbled across this before however for the life of me I can't re-discover the settings that enable me to do this! Very stupid I know however if theres any one on here that can just point me in the right direction that would be fan-bloody-tastic. Look forward to hearing some suggestions.

Best - thelillyman

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one - I'm having some issues opening some personal patches on a Mac Book Pro that I have recently started using my Virus TI with! They are not appearing in the "Personal patches.mid" library folder on lap top however when I go back to my original work station they are all still present and accounted for.

Is there a way of getting my custom built patches from to one to another - I would have assumed that the moment I connected my Virus to my lap top the virus would have automatically synced and it would all be present on the new system!

Any help/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Thelillyman

Hi Guys,

I'm having a few issues in Ableton Live 8.2.8 with regards to my Master Output! My channel fader volume is running much lower than the Master Output Volume fader - this is causing me several issues when trying to mix and develop new ideas - does anybody have any suggestions on how to match the 2? It would make it a great deal easier if I could just have them both running at the same DB. Also another issue is that when trying to develop new sounds in Live the input from the virus is very low - any suggestions on how to make this higher would also be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to hearing some thoughts and ideas, all the best, thelillyman