Beiträge von MrMowgli

So the answer is YES it can do it, but Total Control generally takes over, especially on Mac so far as I can tell. I personally use a USB Midi hub and never connect the USB. Obviously I also never use Total Control either.

Even though there is a large aftermarket, the price isn't really an issue. With sufficient backing and promotion they would still sell well. Look at Moog, they continue selling limited monophonic synths using the same hardware they developed over 30 years ago. For me it's about owning a top of the line beast of a synth. Happy with my purchase overall, and willing to pick up the more expensive version of it if it ever shows up. I'm holding judgement on any of this until I see what's going on at NAMM

I have no idea if it's dead, but it is getting close to NAMM, the music conference in LA where people sell to distributers and stores in the Americas. So it may be possible that they are getting ready for that and the holidays.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Also, may the force be with you. ;)

I once recorded a session with one of my friends who had both a 303, and a future retro 777. I used my Virus B at the time, and afterwards we all remarked how awesome the 303 sounded. Then someone pointed out that synth line was coming from my Virus, and it sounded waaay better in the final mix than the actual 303 did. Flat eq and no extra effects on the patch I was using at the time. Mixed on the same deck with the same settings as the 303. So the moral of the story is that if you REALLY want the 303 sound, save up and buy a 303. Otherwise if it sounds great don't argue ;)

I tried the version on CTRLR, and for a while it worked well. CTRLR is a great program but It's still a bit wonky unfortunately. I tried to get the panel running with the latest version and couldn't. The previous version he built it with won't run on my system. Really the best option would be to have a VST/midi only version of the VC, it would solve so many issues. I wonder sometimes if any feedback gets back to the developers? Or possibly they did it as a contract through someone else and it isn't maintained much anymore?

+1 this :)

I'd love it if Access had this soundset! Sounds great.

I owned a Pulse+ and a Waldorf Micro Q for a long time, and they do sound great. Blofeld is great sounding but suffers the same problems the older versions did: Pain in the butt to program. There were some free editing and librarian apps out there, and those help a bunch. I'd rather use the Virus though!

Sounds like you should be tweaking a doppler tape delay?
    Set the LFO to envelope and a different waveform (Like Wave 17), then slow it down so that it's a little less predictable. Then in the Mod matrix bipolar LFO2->Delay Time should do it.

Play with the LFO params a bit to dial it in a bit, for instance make the LFO a mono LFO should help, and setting the delay amount all the way up will make playing a little harder but make the effect more noticeable.

Maybe :)

You just need your daw to support reading sysex, and then manually dump the sound or bank from the Virus TI via Config->Transmit Midi Dump
    Select Type: Single Buffer to send the current single with any edits it may have. Before you hit 'Store' you need to start recording in your daw, preferably with a higher tempo like 120 (You may wish to play with the tempo). If this doesn't record anything you probably are filtering out SYSEX for that midi device in your daw.

Once you have the recording of the SYSEX you can dump it back in by playing at a slower tempo (Like 80bps) to send it back to the Virus. Make sure you have Recieve Dump-> Enable on the virus. Also make sure you have a couple of empty bars at the beginning of your song to allow the Virus to catch up.

Note: The faster record speed is to make sure you have all the sysex recorded on separate ticks of the beat. Record too much at once on a slow track and you may not send the events back in order.

The slower playback is to make sure you transmit all the sysex slow enough for the virus to catch up. Your daw probably allows a tempo track to change the tempo to your song tempo afterwards.

can anyone help I hope this is on topic , ... kind of any way , is there a way to either create a text file of your banks to paste into logic ? I'm not using the software anymore and am using the Virus as an external instrument but have no access (pun intended) to the banks in the DAW .... I looked at some 3rd party software to create an environment for Logic to get the banks in but it's a little pricey for the amount of use I'd ever have out of it , so is their an easier way to copy the bank into text somehow then paste them into Logic x so I can have a little more control.

:thumbup:

One of the key selling points is that the Virus has consistently had updates to their firmware, usually adding very useful features that give us long time users warm fuzzy feelings. Other than updates to deal with OSX,and fix major bugs, everything in the Feature requests section is feeling lonely, and some of us are stranded in terms of using certain features without the Total Integration (I'm on Linux). So of course we are looking for updates. Up until a few years ago, one of the key selling points of the Virus series was the continual updates. The last real feature additions were in 2011. Some minor additions early in 2014, but it's almost 2016.

Are you talking about Portamento? Try turning up the portamento for a mono part. [Shift + Semitone knob]. The portamento time will affect glide time to the next note. Don't see a way to change that behavior on the TI2 to use note overlap mode. Note overlaps DO affect the filter envelope trigger, so you may want to also use that. If there's another way to do overlapped note glides then I am curious to know what it is. If it's not there we should add that to a wishlist :);)

The Virus doesn't have phantom power, so yes, you will need a pre-amp for anything that requires 12 volt phantom power. However most condenser mic's don't actually need phantom power and should work correctly with a low-z to hi-z cable. Then make sure to bump up the input gain a bit.

Hi Boreg,

Yeah I tried that. In fact one of the browsers had never been on the virus.info site.
    I actually suspect it's because I am coming in from Linux and it doesn't like my headers or something.

I'm still miffed I have to register for downloads at all though. Just adds needless complexity, seeing as I wouldn't be downloading unless I had already purchased the gear ;)

Thanks,

Andre

I very rarely if ever manage to download anything from the site since the username and password seem to be meaningless.

I "log in" on firefox and chrome, the login popever disappears then pops right back up with no error messages (Incorrect passwords tell you you have something wrong), in an infinite loop. In the meantime I simply can't get to the resource.

I understand you want to keep track of email addresses for business reasons, but... registering for downloads that don't work is kind of infuriating. In fact every time I was ever able to log in, I was a little shocked it worked at all. I realize all of your marketing time is being spent on Facebook and Twitter, but honestly your website is giving Access a bad image. If I hadn't already owned a virus, and spoken with one of the developers years ago, I wouldn't have bought a virus after trying to get around on the site. Forums are a great example of not being able to log in. You make great gear, please take the time to make the site work just as well.

Also, please put more resources up, more tutorials, more pictures, more signs of life.

Thanks,

Andre