My Virus TI Polar 1 lags when I switch patches

• Hello everybody

For more than a year today, my Virus TI Polar lags in a randomic way when I switch patches (both knob and buttons), I've tried everything. Resetting, updating firmware, updating OS, bringing it to assistance, and they simply updated the OS. Initially the problem was solved, than again, it lags when I change presets. I loaded the same RAM banks on the TI Desktop of a friend of mine, which runs also the same OS, and it works perfectly. Mine is kinda cursed 😥

The assistance also substituted the internal battery (thanks to your advices), the lag problem initially seemed to be over but then again, it lags randomically when I switch patches. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Any help or tip would be appreciated, thank you in advance 🙏

• Is the Desktop you used for comparison a TI1 or TI2?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• How much of a lag? My TI2 Darkstar always needs one or two seconds to load a preset, depending on preset complexity. I always considered this normal.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• How much of a lag? My TI2 Darkstar always needs one or two seconds to load a preset, depending on preset complexity. I always considered this normal.

Thank you for your answer! The duration is very random. Sometimes it gets stuck and it needs me to press the button multiple times, than obviously it switches multiple patches. I noticed that the problem tends to get better if the Virus is turned on for some time. In 15 years I've neve had a problem like this, and my friend's Virus desktop, with same OS and same RAM banks doesn't lag at all. The problem is that I need to switch patches quickly during lives and it's not reliable

• Oups,
    sorry, after checking (OS in my old archives for Virus TI) it was version "5.1.6.05" carried out with my 2012 Macbook: either under Catalina, or El Captain (I don't remember).

Here you have olds versions (mac or PC) : https://www.virus.info/downloa…ler-Private-Beta-Versions

On the other hand, I changed its power supply (which seemed to have lost power, and I had moved too) with this

Access Power Supply Al1012/E :

: https://bdbo1.thomann.de/thumb…00/pics/bdbo/12920483.jpg

I hope this can fix your problem, which I think is the same….

• Hi, sorry for the delay and thanks!

I changed the power supply recently.

Anyway for some reason it's since a week it doesn't lag. Hopefully good :)

Thank you again