Access virus don't load multi properly ?? ( bug

• Hi

I just bought a new access virus ti2 from thoman. I installed the 5.1.7. That all went well.

But now every time i make a multi, store the settings, put the virus in sleep mode, wait a while and then putting it back on

The virus is now back on in multi mode. The problem is that i can't save changes to for example the cutoff or effects or anything. This do work when the virus is on in multi mode but i have to switch to single mode then back to multi mode and now all my changes from before putting it to sleep mode are there and now i can store it properly when in multi mode.

Somebody had the same problem ? And maybe a solution ? (guessing it's a bug)

Thanks in advance

• Multis 0 -15 store the Preset information for each Part with the Multi. Multis 16 - 127 store references to the Presets in the RAM and ROM banks. This is explained in the Virus TI Quickstart manual:

Zitat von Virus TI Quickstart manual, p.19

The Virus TI has 128 slots for storing your Multi set-ups. The first 16 (0-15) of these are ‘embedded’ Multis, by which we mean that they store all the data for the patches they use, so any edits you make to the sounds are automatically preserved when you store the Multi, so you need never worry about breaking a preset. Multis numbered 16 and upwards do not store the individual patch data, but instead refer to patches stored in the Single RAM/ROM banks.

The Virus TI is a complex device. Reading the manuals and working through the tutorials is really necessary to understand the basic concepts and learning the advanced features in order to unlock the full potential of this wonderful instrument.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()

• I didn't know that, but then again I always store any edits that I make to the single patch to a ram slot and then reference it from the multi which circumnavigates this issue anyway.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• I didn't know that, but then again I always store any edits that I make to the single patch to a ram slot and then reference it from the multi which circumnavigates this issue anyway.

Which only works for Multis 16 - 127. It’s really important to understand this difference.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Is that right?

If I always reference the Ram and always change the sound only in the single RAM patch then it makes no difference which multi I use as I'm always referencing the Ram bank.

Never had a problem working with this ethos so far. I understand what you're saying but if you always work, no matter what, referencing the Ram patch then you're safe surely no matter what multi number you're using?

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• Multis 0 - 15 don’t reference patches, they copy them. Thus, if you change the patch in RAM, it will not be changed in those Multi.

• Thanks for the clarification buddy.

Message received and understood.