Virus HC software

• I am assuming you’re asking about Aura Plug-ins Virus Hardware Editor.

If so, it’s both. It is roughly analogous to the Access Virus TI package of a standalone application for managing the banks of patches on the synth, along with a plug-in.

The Aura editor does not currently support editing if remote templates, which allow you to use the TI to control other devices via MIDI.

• As a long time user of the original Virus Control plugin and user of Aura Virus HC plugin, I can tell you that the Virus HC is nowhere near the original. The integration is difficult to acheive, timing over MIDI and USB or SPDIF audio is much less consistent than from VC plugin, total recall in Cubase does not work and the software in general is unfortunately much less stable and consistent. I wish it was otherwise, because I would love to get back the productivity of the TI with Cubase which was there before.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+