Desktop measurements

• Hi all!

As a longtime Virus user (Polar > Darkstar) I went to buy one more, probably the last one, to make sure I have my Virus sound for years to come. So I ordered a Desktop from Kemper. This was probably one of the last new Viruses available.

I noticed a funny thing when I got it. Desktop measurements are not the ones they say on the www-pages (https://www.virus.info/virusti/specs).

(Real) Height is 7cm (instead of 8cm)

Width is 44cm (instead of 47cm)

Debth is 19,7cm (instead of 18,8cm)

Any idea why this is wrong on their site? Did they change it at some point and forget to update specs on the site? This is no big deal and a bit smaller is better. Only thing for me was that I already made a custom stand with wrong measures and I had to adjust it afterwards.

• Often sellers indicate the measurements of the package, not of the product.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Often sellers indicate the measurements of the package, not of the product.

In my experience this is not typical. And in this case it’s not package measurements for sure. First, package was much bigger. And second, notice that real debth was actually bigger than wrong one on the web.

On their site they say ”Dimensions and weight Virus Ti 2009”. I am curious to know that did they change hardware after 2009…

• In my experience this is not typical. And in this case it’s not package measurements for sure. First, package was much bigger. And second, notice that real debth was actually bigger than wrong one on the web.

On their site they say ”Dimensions and weight Virus Ti 2009”. I am curious to know that did they change hardware after 2009…

Ah, sorry, I read your indications wrong.

Interesting they don't call it TI2 but TI 2009. For the desktop it maybe also depends on whether you're using it with the rackmount kit or the desk stand. With the rackmount kit you move all putputs from the rear to the bottom of the unit. I never measured it, so I have no idea whether that really makes a difference.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I noticed a funny thing when I got it. Desktop measurements are not the ones they say on the www-pages (https://www.virus.info/virusti/specs).

(Real) Height is 7cm (instead of 8cm)

Width is 44cm (instead of 47cm)

Debth is 19,7cm (instead of 18,8cm)

Intresting, mine has the folloing messaurments:

Height is 7 cm and with the knobs 8 cm (inkl. rubber pads on the bottom)

Width is 44,6 cm

Debth is 20 cm (longest edge)

• Intresting, mine has the folloing messaurments:

Height is 7 cm and with the knobs 8 cm (inkl. rubber pads on the bottom)

Width is 44,6 cm

Debth is 20 cm (longest edge)

Maybe I have the same. I admit I did not measure with highest precision. But it’s quite clear there’s difference to www-specs. The most obvious is width which is smaller than in www-specs.