TI Automation in Cubase Studio5 (solved)

• Heya,

sorry for my english ...

I´m using Cubase Studio5 on a Windows XP PC with 2 MIDI- Interfaces and a lot of external synthesizers. I´m able to automate all my synthesizers and record all controller data without problems. For example: I´m recording clavia north2 data (cutoff) and cubase recognized the data as automation data. No problems. A complete fine system with 5ms latency.

The problem is with my TI keyboard !!!

I can´t get cubase to record the movements of my TI-knobs (cutoff, reso, sub ...). USB is o.k., the audio is o.k., the virus control is o.k., cubase records the midi notes from the TI keyboard, all is o.k., but i can´t record the data from the knobs (cutoff, reso ...) from the TI keyboard in cubase.

What´s going wrong?

All options are the same like the other keyboards, but cubase will not record the knob movements.

Thanks for your help and greetings to the board.

• you need to record automation, not midi events.

best, marc

• Thanks marc, but i do record automation data and no midi. With my other synths there are no problems at all. In a cubase track you only have to push the w(rite) button and ... that´s it: cubase records the knob movements !

But with my TI no data is recorded in the track. It´s only the TI that makes problems!

Hmmmmm ...

I´ve done everything i can imagine: create a new, clear track, try with different routing of the midi outs, try usb disonnected and normal midi connected ... no success.

Pfffffftttttttttttt ... don´t know what to do more ...

• problem solved !!!

got it !!!

In cubase studio5 you have to add some of the TI keyboard knobs manually to automation: Right click in vc (virus control) on the knob you want to control and click on "add (parameter) to automation".

So you can add "send reverb" or "phase intensity" or "noise" etc. to automation.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

• problem solved !!!

In cubase studio5 you have to add some of the TI keyboard knobs manually to automation: Right click in vc (virus control) on the knob you want to control and click on "add (parameter) to automation".

Thanks a lot for your help :)

hi
    is this supposed to work with logic 9 too ? if i right click on a any of the VC knob i don't have any menu showing ... i've a TI Snow os 4.0.5.01

• Same problem here. Using Virus TI with Logic Pro 9. No knobs or FX are recorded. Tried everything I can think of. This is quite frustrating. All my other equipment just "works". Any help Access?

• here's some background info before this thread goes on for aeons:

the virus has more parameters some hosts can handle. as a result, some work, some crash. that's why we've needed to supply either a list of parameters to be automated you populate yourself or a full list of all automatable parameters (which obviously is fairly long). check the tutorials for the sequencer in question for more info.
    also, there are parameters which cannot be automated. at the time of writing, these are for instance oscillator modes. if the parameter in question is not in the list or you cannot add it to the list, it is not automatable.
    hope that helps, marc