Virus C sound quality vs TI?

• So I am very pleased with the functionality of the TI2 and all of the capabilities of the total integration interface, but after watching videos of the C in action, I'm a little discouraged in how much more authentic it sounds right off the bat than the ti2. I did a little googling and was surprised to see how many people said the C sounds more authentic than the TI series...

Being so new to the virus community, I'd like to know some opinions of some experienced virus users about the difference in sound quality between the two and if there is any way to make the TI2 nail the authentic quality like the C does? I'd hate to learn I just spent so much money when I didn't have to/need to?

• First off: were those videos getting the accurate sound quality of the Virus without external gear connected? (amplifiers, preamps, valves, microphones...)
    Second: do you base your judgement on what people on the internet say?

If this is the case you might like to take a look here: http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50099

Please note that my posts are not presented as "fact" but are based on my own experience on Virus TI 2, C, B.

• "Second: do you base your judgement on what people on the internet say?"

Well of course, the internet is where to find the most intelligent and knowledgeable folks, everyone knows that :D:D:D

Ah, I know man. My main concern is just the simple desire to make sure that all my hard earned money is spent wisely and I get the most bang for the buck. I have NO experience with ANY other viruses (or hardware synths of any other kind, for that matter :huh: ) so I just want to get some advice from people who have the RIGHT knowledge and experience on the issue.

• Hah, didn't want to sound harsh - it's just that most of those "insightful" comments about one Virus sounding better than another are nonsense. I heard those too, before getting my Virus - then I had the chance to play with earlier models. The sound is still there. It's already been said by Marc that the main -or only- difference is played by the converters, and that alone is not big enough to make you lose any sound quality.
    Enjoy your TI in its full capabilities ;)

• recently been doing a lot of comparring at home as reguards to selling either my Virus B or TI

to be honest im torn
    there is a noticable difference between the two models which is more pronounced when using the inputs, so my guess is that the synth engine is bassically the same but the DAC are very differerent (this is sounding a bit like the Nord 2 vs Nord 2x debate)
    whilst the virus b has a softer tone it seems to be pushed back in the mix and need a bit more eq than i would like(headroom thing) the ti has a more direct sound
    ive also spent a lot of time 'trying' to make them both sound like their 'old' and surprisingly enough it was the ti 2 that came out ahead but i put that down to a more expanded matrix section (e.g. oscillator drift, dodgy keytracking etc) and a brighter waveforms or 'better'
    but the virus b has a less processed sound and needed little bass boost whereas the ti2 needs quite a bit of fiddling to find the sweet spot
    the difference between the two IMHO is audible but the character of each makes them both very different sounding

so to be honest the arguement is like asking which tastes better Fish or Pineapple and all comes down to cash verses experience
    if i was buying a first synth it would be the virus b, why?, easier to programme and a lot cheaper
    but if i was thinking about buying a synth(money not being the problem) that would do 80% of my studio mixes it would be the ti2

i know that not everyone would agree to this but its only my opinion