Crackling / BPM sync problem with arps

• Hi
    I'm a new TI user (had a virus A for ~ 10 years, just decided to upgrade), just got a TI Snow a few days ago. I'm using Sonar 8.5 on Windows 7 (64bit) and am running 4.10.16 (64 bit) VCC. I running a core I5 (2.6 ghz) with 4 gb of ram.

During playback I'm having issues with stuttering of the audio and the arpeggiators loosing sync. Particularly when editing sounds in the VST editor. I don't have the TI plugged into midi, just USB. I currently have a MOTU USB midi express XT (for other synths) and an M-Audio projectmix IO (for audio / controller) also running within the same project.

Any suggestions?

• I had a similar trouble not Virus related which got fixed by going into my mainboard's BIOS and disabling the energy-saving status of my i5-750; it fixed crackling with M-Audio products. Besides the other advice you'll receive, take a couple of minutes to try that too - you can always roll back if it doesn't work.

A bit more information on your setup could help: is your Virus using a dedicated USB HUB/Card with its IRQ not being shared? IRQ Sharing and bandwidth conflicts can lead to various issues.

• Sorry not to know the answer to your problem. I just wanted to add that I have this same problem with my Snow too but the computer is iMac.

I think that the problem can be solved by chancing the usb port to "not shared" one - if possible? In my iMac this is not possible solution so I have to deal with this problem all the time...
    which is soooo damn shame :thumbdown:

If you ask from me this usb-issue should ABSOLUTELY be mentioned in the info material (or something) before you buy your Virus for any kind of VST/AU use!!

• Same problem here.

The Arp is running faster and completely stuttering when the Ti plays back a simple Midi pattern, but when i play a single key on my keyboard the problem goes away but still comes back if i just want to play the midi pattern :(

I have WIndows Xp sp3
    2.6 Quad core4 Gig ram
    Mother board is Gigabyte EP45-DS3R

• I bought and installed a pci USB card. So far so good. The latency seems to have resolved. Every so often the TI tries to catch up by speeding up to get back in sync. But for the most part it's working much better than yesterday. Very few crackles.

• I bought and installed a pci USB card. So far so good. The latency seems to have resolved. Every so often the TI tries to catch up by speeding up to get back in sync. But for the most part it's working much better than yesterday. Very few crackles.

then you still have an USB related problem going on. did you read the setup guide?

best, marc

• Switching to ASIO drivers has solved the issue but when I switch to direct out (vs USB) on the TI I loose sync again. Also I can only use either my Project Mix or the TI outs. Are there any driver settings for WDM/KS that will allow the TI to be in sync?

• Switching to ASIO drivers has solved the issue but when I switch to direct out (vs USB) on the TI I loose sync again. Also I can only use either my Project Mix or the TI outs. Are there any driver settings for WDM/KS that will allow the TI to be in sync?

you should stay with the ASIO drivers. as for the "direct out", do you mean the analog outs?

marc

• Sorry not to know the answer to your problem. I just wanted to add that I have this same problem with my Snow too but the computer is iMac.

I think that the problem can be solved by chancing the usb port to "not shared" one - if possible? In my iMac this is not possible solution so I have to deal with this problem all the time...
    which is soooo damn shame :thumbdown:

If you ask from me this usb-issue should ABSOLUTELY be mentioned in the info material (or something) before you buy your Virus for any kind of VST/AU use!!

santate,
    we use imacs on trade shows since maybe 6 years and we never ran into a problem as described above. did you read the setup guide and get in touch with support, in case it doesn't give you the answers you're looking for to solve the problem?
    best, marc

• Any suggestions?

Hi luisbrito.

If you roll back to OS 4.0.5.01, it should solve the arpeggio out of sync problem. I found my arpeggios were playing about 9-10ms before anything else with OS 4.1.0.16. This would cause it to stutter and jump every time a new note or chord triggered the arp. It ran perfectly again when I rolled back to OS 4.0.5.01.

Take a look at my thread. I have left a .rar file there for download documenting my tests. It contains audio samples, screenshots of the timing issue aswell as the Cubase 4 project I used to compare OS 4.0.5.01 with the faulty OS 4.1.0.16.

I'll post the link here too: PROJECT DOWNLOAD

I hope this information is of some help.

Regards, Jim.