Mix between external input and virus ti sound - virus ti snow

• I am wondering if there is a way to mix between an external audio source and the virus ti sounds. I want to be able to turn off the virus sound, but still be able to hear the external audio routed through the virus ti snow desktop. I cannot seem to lower the patch volume without lowering the external audio input volume at the same time. I am using the virus as a sound module and not using the virus ti total integration software plugin.

Here is the signal chain: novation x-station synthesizer --> virus ti snow input --> virus ti snow output --> speaker

The x station is controlling the virus ti snow module through midi.

thanks,

Joel

• The only way I see this being able to do is to set up two PARTs in the TI Snow:

PART 1 with the actual patch you want to use
    PART 2 with an audio input patch

Both patches then need to be set up with a modulation that changes e.g. the PATCH VOLUME, but in opposite directions. So let's say you would use the Modwheel as modulation source, then you would set up PART 1 in a way that it lowers the PATCH VOLUME when moving the Modwheel up while the audio input patch on PART 2 is set to a very low PATCH VOLUME and then this gets increased with the Modwheel moving up. This is a bit of programming work, but this way you could fade between a TI synth sound and an external sound source.
    If you want to external sound source to be modified by the same filter, etc. settings of the synth sound you would use in PART 1, then simply copy this sound to PART 2 and activate the INPUT MODE on the FX1 page of the plugin and then set up the modulation of the PATCH VOLUME as described above.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hey Jorg thanks for the response. I noticed your name in some of the other posts i was reading, sounds like you know a lot about synths :thumbup: I will experiment with your suggestion. The x station has an input mixing knob, so i may end up just reversing the order and have the virus go through the x station.