Occasional screeching sound out of nowhere

• A horrible schreeching, screaming loud sound will come out of nowhere on a patch, in standalone mode, controlled via simple midi. I have the current OS 4.5.3 and have not had problems with this same OS before. This problem has only started recently.

My Virus TI is hooked up via midi cable to a Novation SL mk2, and coming out of output 1 left and right. Intermittently, the Virus will let out a horrible loud screech that is much louder than the patch. It does it on monophonic patches as far as i can tell. I've tried to solve this myself, reinstalling the current OS (4.5.3) and burning all my patches to a ROM bank. I've also tried to reduce the polyphony demands on the Virus in my patches by taking off Oscillator 3, or taking off the Reverb.

I tested to see if it was a midi message from the controller keyboard, but it is not. There is no message sent when it makes the screeching noise. We are using a power conditioner to make sure its nothing to do with bad power. It makes no difference with the power conditioner or without. It does the same thing with a Nord electro 3 controlling it so it is not the midi controller. It has nothing to do with the synth parameters, since i can hold down the note when it happens, and change any or all of the programs parameters on the TI, but it continues. The screeching only sounds when a key is pressed, and goes away if i change programs.

It was only happening during sound checks, but just happened tonight during the show, and is horribly frustrating. Its a computer like noise, loud, like a loud high scream, and probably 15db louder than the loudest patch on the Virus.