Blown audio output?

• Hi

So i was using my TI desktop (MK1) in the studio today (no TI/Usb control, just hardware sequencer) and suddenly the sounds cuts out (just as i added a second track on my midi sequencer). At first I thought the problem was midi related but I've verified its not.
    If you turn the master volume right up you can hear VERY VERY quietly the sound and all is working correctly. It's the same for the demo-song - very very low sound hardly heard amongst the signal/noise ratio! Same with headphones out.

I'd take a guess that somethings gone in the D/A converter stage but I've no idea what. Have e-mailed access and given that it's not under warranty I'd rather avoid having to ship to germany. Has anyone experienced this problem before and know of a fix? Hardware or otherwise. I'm no good with electronics but I have a mate who is very good so can get him to take a look if I can tell him what's wrong!
    Cheers
    Geoff

• Hi, thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it's the same. I just tested it by using a phone cable into an aux on my hi-fi (my mixer doesn't have a spdif input) but I believe this should work. The same problem though. The sound is there and everything works but incredibly incredibly quiet :(

Any more ideas?

Thanks

• I doubt you can plug an S/PDIF output (digital) to an analog audio input. Or does your hi-fi really have an S/PDIF input?
    Anyway, if the problem persists using the S/PDIF output, this would rule out a blown D/A converter.

• you are prob right - I don't think I have a spdif input anywhere then :( My mixer is my soundcard!

Guess it's going to need a hardware fix either way! Dammit!

• Dear Geoff,
    I think we've been in touch through support already.

If you tried both resetting the unit and also flashing the OS into the unit once again and if this didn't help, then this might be indeed a hardware problem.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner