High pitched noise cominf from Virus B Desktop Module

• Hello,

I have an Access Virus B desktop module that I absolutely love! Recently though I have a low volume but high pitched ringing sound coming out of my speakers when this is activated inside of Ableton Live. This noise was not happening a few weeks ago. I also have another hardware synth that does not get this sound coming from it. So I definitely know that it is indeed coming from the Virus.

I have tried various audio cables and have restarted the device numerous times to see if that would be the remedy, but to no avail. Any idea's on how I can fix this? I really love to use my Virus on an almost daily basis so this is pretty major to have such an annoying sound coming through. Which stays even after rendering from midi to audio. The audio cable is going into the Mono R port.

I also have noticed that the AC adapter port seems to be a bit buggy, if the AC cord is moved a bit, the device will restart.

Please give me some feedback on how to fix if you can.

Thank you very much,

Drew
    aka Richard Sweat

• I'm wondering if the Virus produces this sound at its own will, or it is told to do so by your DAW. Try to power up your system as you usually do, only with all the MIDI cables disconnected and listen to the input. Is the high pitched noise still there?
    Maybe you can upload a sample of what it sounds like.

Thank you for taking the time to address this issue, much appreciated!

I went ahead and powered up my computer, interface, DAW (Ableton) and Virus as usual, but as you said with the MIDI cables disconnected. The noise is still there. Here is a link I just uploaded of the sound itself. This is a very small wav file, the high pitched sound looks to be hitting around -33db after I boosted the gain about 10 db. I just wanted to make sure that you are able to hear it, normally this sound is hitting around -43db with my Virus Master Volume around 6-7 on the dial and the gain at 0 in my DAW.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3324703/VirusB_-33dbNoise.wav

Once again, thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Drew
    Richard Sweat

• Dear Drew,
    Please enter the Virus b's CTRL menu and check the INPUT BOOST and INPUT THRU parameter and make sure these are set to 0. If these are set to very high values, this can cause a high frequency tone because of the massive boost of the analog inputs then.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner