Virus started with its Nonsense again!

• BUMP!

Just to keep this thread active. I still cannot use my Virus in a 48KHZ project.

Any news on a fix for this Access / Marc / Jorg ?

Chris

• Looks like there wont be a fix for this for at least 3 weeks or so Ive been told by support.

Apparantly Access have gone to the NAMM show and nobody will be available to deal with software/hardware issues.

:0(

• Im having exactly the same issue with my unit. I have had my polar for sometime now and it worked without issue. Recently it has started showing the symptoms mentioned. The only thing that has changed is that i recently upgraded my Mac to a i7 Mac book pro with Lion. Now i have the exact same issues with 48KHz. Was there ever a resolution on this?

• I set the Audio clock on Cubase set to Internal, the audio clock on the Virus set to auto/48khz.
    The Saffire pro 24 automatically follows what the DAW's audio clock is (internal).
    Tried all possible scenarios... Melt! :cursing:

maybe its a problem with OSX Lion that is causing this...

At present I am having to run my Virus in 44.1khz as I have no other option.

• I have the same problem. It is not a lion problem, it seems to be an i7 mac problem. I ve got a 2011 mbp and after the hell i 've been through it all with the support (a very helpful and kind pal) in order to make the virus work (i literally went over 20 cables to get one working) only to realize i can only work on 44.1 or multiples of it (88.2 etc).

I could never make it work more than once or maybe twice in 48k. For every successful try there were 100 failures.. My mbp is bought from the u.s while my friend's one which i have run some tests too, is a european one so that excludes the possibility of having bad ports on my mbp.

It is certainly something that has to do with i7 macs.

• You may be right!

I have a late 2009 iMac i7 and I have tried so many times to get 48khz project working. Id say the ratio it has worked would be 10 out of 100! I am still wondering do Access know about this problem and are working on a fix?!

C.

• You may be right!

I have a late 2009 iMac i7 and I have tried so many times to get 48khz project working. Id say the ratio it has worked would be 10 out of 100! I am still wondering do Access know about this problem and are working on a fix?!

C.

i don't think it it necessarily i7 related but i agree, there is something odd. we finally found a MBP which allows us to replicate your findings. it was surprisingly tough, we had to try a fair amount of models (and borrow them) to locate one which shows the issue. we are on it but right now it is to early to present more info on if/when we can fix it. i'll keep you posted.
    marc

• Thanks for the feeback Marc. I understand that it may have been difficult for you to find a machine that replicates the same issues as there are many iMacs/MBPs out there that do not have this issue. I actually wondered myself what would happen if you couldnt find the issue for yourselves. At least you know it exists now.

Chris

• Yes marc thank you for acknowledging it and keep us posted. it is a major pita to work on 96k project with the virus right now. And believe me there are loads of them. Native got stronger and every studio is running 96k for breakfast.. Im going through hell to use the VC :-/