Just Got and Access Virus TI2!! I have a few questions!!

• I can say I am part of the Access club now yipee! I got my virus and love it!

Anyway I have a few questions.

How do I side chain my Access virus Ti2 in Logic?

How can I deal with sync issues I have my buffer set at 256 sometimes I switch to 128 it depends.

thanks for your help ladies and gents!

• Assuming that you have already pressed the sidechain button and selected a track to sidechain from, now you have to create, on one of the parts of the Virus (and not more than one...), a patch that uses the input. There are many ways to use the input: for the vocoder (there are pre-made vocoder patches that start with the prefix VOC), the atomizer, or simply routing the input through the Virus' effects. For the last two options you need to use the input section of the FX1 tab. Play around with it starting with static mode, and remember to feed the input with something while you play with the keys and the knobs, and you may want to solo the Virus so that the untreated sidechain source does not interfere. Check the config menu on the the small LCD screen for the "input gain" and "input through" options, you should start with both on 0.

• Marc,

What about my issues when using a 48KHZ project? I was told to wait until after the NAMM show for some answers.

Chris

• I have my in Virus in Multitimberal mode. I still don't understand how I would compress each track individually?

Sync issues are still and issue. I have my buffer size set at 256 sometimes I switch to 128 depending. The Virus is being used in one USB port.

• I have my in Virus in Multitimberal mode. I still don't understand how I would compress each track individually?

You can't, you would need to render your tracks as audio if you were using more than 3 & wanted to compress each part individually.

• When using the Virus TI like a regular hardware synth via audio and Midi cables, then you only can trigger several sounds on separate outputs in MULTIMODE and the maximum stereo outputs you have available are the 3 stereo outputs on the back of the unit. You can route a sound in MULTIMODE to one of these three stereo outs, but there are not other physical outputs on the Virus than these, so it is not possible to have a separate audio signal on a separate audio out for all 16 PARTs at the same time.
    This is simply not possible.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• I am still having latency issues on Logic. I followed the directions in the book on the virus setup. My virus is using one usb port. I also have another usb port with a powered adapter where I hook up many of my other connections. Keyboard, mouse, soundcard and so on. Is there a USB power adapter you could suggest that would work for the virus?

Bugs and Issues I have

1. sometimes the music slows down or speeds up

2. Logic crashes most times but not all the time

Maybe I have to many connections on my motherboard maybe thats causing the Latency

Other than that I still love my virus! :D