New Owner. Help me set up my Virus KB !

• Hello, first post here and I am looking for some help.

Just bought a Virus KB (First ever hard synth) and need help with a bit
    of set up and I couldnt find what I was looking for when searching.

Three part question so please bare with me.

1, Can anyone tell me how to record the Virus KB directly into Logic 9? Is it a case of just plugging into an Audio interface?

2, How can I set up the Virus KB to work as a midi controller for soft synths?

3, How can I set it up to control other desktop synths (ie, Tetra, Mopho etc)?

Sorry that I am asking a lot, but I couldnt find what I was after in the manual. I really have no experience of hardware and I have only ever used soft synths before.

So I am grateful for any help.

One more point !! Very sorry !!

Is the headphone socket often temperamental ?

I cant hear any sound out of the synth through the headphones and wondered if it was a common problem.

• I am not that familiar with the B, so I will answer your question in general. In order to work with it, you need to connect it to your soundcard in 3 places: Virus MIDI out --> soundcard MIDI in, Virus MIDI in --> soundcard MIDI out and Virus audio out L/R --> soundcard audio in L/R. The first connection I mentioned enables the Virus to send MIDI data to control other instruments. The other two enables the Virus to be controlled by the DAW.
    The next thing you should do is create a new External MIDI instrument in Logic, and make sure the ports used for the connections I mentioned are assigned to it.
    Good luck.

• Excellent I will try that.

Although my Virus might have to go back. I eventually worked out how to get audio through the headphones only to find that one of the keys is dead. Just my luck !!!