Have I lost my edited patches?

• Hi ,

Inta audio Music PC (built 2009)
    3 ghz processor
    4ghz ram
    Windows Xp

Western Digital SATA drive 500 gb

2x 1tb western digital drives ( 1 audio drive, 1 sample drive)

Cubase 6
    Virus TI2 with VC

I have been editing patches in song arrangements in cubase and saving them by simply saving the project I'm working on, then the next time I open it up they all are there .....or editing them and dropping them in an empty slot in VC as i go, then saving the project. However my boot drive has failed and is corrupt and I'm wondering if all my patches that i have edited or created are either; saved within the memory of the project file or were they saved in 'my patches folder', which is now deleted? a lot of them are adapted from pre-sets. My arrangements are all saved on my audio disk, so I will be able to load up each song once I have a new hard drive, with all settings as they were, but will I have lost all the virus sounds I edited before the crash? Thank you for any comments or suggestions

• When working with VC, unless you specifically select the "save" button and select a bank and patch number to store your patch in, the patch is stored only as plugin data within your project file. This means that restoring your project will restore its patches with it. .mid files stored within the patch folder are not stored anywhere else (although some patches may have duplicates in the Virus' RAM/ROM). It is good practice to back up the patch folder.

• Thanks a lot for your reply, I was hoping that was the case. I know that I have lost the banks I have saved, but at least I will still have the patches in VC in the majority of my projects. I take it that if open a .cpr transferred from my pc, onto my iMac, the virus patches will load with no problems? Do you also know; if i have loaded up a bank from the patch folder in a project before the crash, then saved the project, will the individual patches be loaded into the VC when I open the project on my new PC boot drive/iMac or would they rely on the missing bank file to open? Thanks again

• No, patches loaded into the Virus TI Control plugin are stored with the Cubase project, as all settings of a plugin are stored with this project.
    If the bank you loaded the sounds from originally is lost, then this will have no impact on the settings of the TI Control plugin, since again these are stored with the actual project.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner