Virus TI Snow USB Audio Cracklings on Cubase 7

• Hello guys,

I've been struggling alot arround with this litte big issue that im having since a log time.

Very often i get a dirty background cracklingly whitenoise alog with any preset sound on my virus TI snow. I suspect that this is somenthing to do with the USB ports in it self.

Im shure I have a usb2.0 ports on my computer(8gb ram ddr3 4core i7 2,0ghz) but its being really impossible to record a sound with this annoying crackling sound.

Samples rate different settings dosen't change much.

So im trying to figure it out how to use my virus with the audio coming out through the outputs of virus to my Fireface UC inputs. But im not able to get sound out of it!!

Im trying to sent midi signal to the synth through the sound card but still can't do it.

I wonder if there is any specific way to connect the midis some how?? I must be missing somenthing. Not quite used with those midi settings and connections.

:S

• How to fight crackling:

• Try different USB cables. Do it in conjunction with the next step:
    • Try other USB ports. What make/model is your mother board? Usually the USB ports that are on the main faceplate, along with the network and video sockets share their root hubs with internal on-board USB devices. You are better off using the USB ports that are afforded as headers on the motherboard, and give the computer builder the choice to locate the actual port sockets wherever they want. So look for those ports on the front side, or at the back, where the expansion cards usually are. If those sockets come as a pair or more, connect the Virus to one and leave the others unconnected.
    • Reduce the number of streams VC uses: in VC change USB mode to 1 out / no in. You can try and increase and see where the crackling re-appears.
    • Update your device drivers (motherboard, video etc.). Some of them may have bugs that limit the available USB bandwidth.

How to use VC with analog outputs:

• For each part, in VC, use the common page to select the part output routing (or right click the part slot on the left)
    • This one you probably know, connect TRS-s to you soundcard, (Virus out to soundcard in), create new tracks in your DAW that monitor the souncard inputs the Virus is connected to.

Good luck!

• Dope answer flabberbob!!

Made various updates; firmware, chipset, nvidia drivers and at least until now seems to be working superb through USB! Little tricky to tell if is fixed due the fact it was an intermittent issue. I'll keep update if it comes back!

Anyway im gonna try to take a look on the sound through the analog outputs directly. I read in couple of feedbacks about mostly users giving preference to the reliability of the analog outputs audio quality.

Thanks alot for the support!

:thumbup: