Virus C Filter Envelope Polarity

• Just curious. If i have to go to the filter edit menu and change filter envelope polarity to set a negative value for filter envelope amount, why does the ENV AMOUNT knob have a minimum value of -100%? shouldn't it be from 0 to +100%? because when you set this knob to minimum, the filter envelope has no effect, which means filter envelope amount is zero (rather than -100%), right? i can't be the only one confused about this, am i missing something here?

• ENV amount is added to whatever the original cutoff value is set to. Since there is no frequency lower than 0, if you subtract from it it seems like there is no effect. But take the original cutoff value to the max and you'll see that the negative ENV amount makes it drop (and the positive one has no effect).
    Hope this helps.

• thanks for the info flabberbob. but the thing is the ENV AMOUNT knob goes from -100% to +100%. then one should expect it to be 0 in the center positon. and when i set the CUTOFF knob to the center position(half open), and turn the ENV AMOUNT all the way down to -100%, the envelope should modulate the cutoff. but it doesn't. it operates as if the env amount is zero. to get a negative envelope you have to go to filter edit and change envelope polarity to negative.
    another example, when i turn the filter fully open and set the ENV AMOUNT knob to center position (to where the knob shows zero) i get the envelope actually modulating the filter! but it shouldn't because i just set the env amount to zero right?
    at the position the ENV AMOUNT knob shows -100%, the screen shows zero, at the position the knob shows zero, the screen shows +63, and when the knob is +100% the screen shows 127. i think this is counter-intuitive, i am beginning to think that they just labeled this knob's range wrong :)