Distortion when volume increased

• Hi

I have an issue with my Virus Ti in which I hear horrible distortion whenever I increase the volume to a certain level.

Usually I need to increase master volume knob to about 2 or 3 o'clock before distortion kicks in.

As anyone else had this issue?

Also, does anyone know of any repair centres in the UK? I really don't want to send my virus to Germany!! I've also got a gig on the 19th December so this is really urgent!!!

Please, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

• I'm finding this too. I contacted Access support, and was told I'd be invoiced for a new output board if that would fix it - no invoice, no output board, and more to the point no answer on whether the output board would be the issue here.

Volume turned above halfway, I start to get distortion on the left channel (analogue output 2) - not present on SPDIF, USB or Sub outputs, only on the analogue output 2. It's not present on headphones, which is interesting because surely the volume control affects the headphones too - of course this makes me really suspect the output board more, but I'd like to know for sure before going nuts trying to get the replacement part.

Of course if the headphone output is on a different volume circuit somehow, that makes it EVEN MORE CONFUSING, but this isn't the first Virus I've had with this behaviour - I just assumed they weren't all they were cracked up to be and moved on.

• 2 or 3 o'clock on the master volume knob seems a little high IMO. I've never had to go there. If you need that kind of volume level perhaps try lowering the master volume and raising the patch volume parameter and see if that lowers the distortion if it is simply an output amp overload, unless patch volume acts like a preamp.