Virus Ti Crackles and Possible Analog recording questions

• been trying to find an informative thread but i can't seem to find one that really answers my questions. I recently purchased a Virus Ti2 Darkstar. Absolutely love her. But I have one main issue and one theory i am trying to get explained if possible. First of all, Mr. crackles. I am ordering a dedicated 2 port usb 3.0 card for my studio pc and I am going to use it solely for my the Virus. Hopefully that stops the random crackles.

As far as recording audio directly from the analog outs. My primary sound card does not have a proper input to hook left and right audio inputs into the card. I am using a asus Xonar stx pci express audio card.
    I do, however, also have and older focus-rite sapphire 6 USB external pre amp/sound card I can use. I am wanting to control the virus via midi with the usb cable and then capture the sound in my daw via analog out. I am new to hardware synths and i am trying to wrap my head around a solid setup with in FL Studio.

Others have said midi cables out to the virus and then analog out to daw is the best way, being usb of the virus is pretty unreliable. Sync issues etc.

It's just kind of depressing that i spent so much money on a hardware synth and i cant even get it running rock solid in my daw without having to separate every function of synth communication.
    I want to load up my project and have it recall every patch the way i set it up with out mister crackles. but as of now it seems i have to micro manage every stupid detail of every part of my patches every-time i load up a project because using the virus via usb is not acceptable with Mr Crackles.

I need an experienced Virus user to help me out. I love this synth to pieces. I despise Mr Crackles and sync issues though. X/

• Ahh so you have Mr. Crackles.

Welcome to the learning curve ahead. If there's one thing good about Mr. Crackles, when he decided to pop in and show his face, it's what you will learn about Hardware and your PC trying to snap his neck and defeat him.

I wish I contacted support when I've had problems as I'm extremely interested in what they'd say. Now I seem to only get the occasional snap, crackle and pop when things have been turned on in the wrong order.

• Ahh so you have Mr. Crackles.

Welcome to the learning curve ahead. If there's one thing good about Mr. Crackles, when he decided to pop in and show his face, it's what you will learn about Hardware and your PC trying to snap his neck and defeat him.

I…

Yeah i kept crossing my fingers hoping it would an easy setup. in some ways it has been, but sometimes you gotta work for y our passion too i suppose. It is indeed a good learning experience. This is, after all, my first real hardware synth. :)

• On the oscillator window you can try setting the "phase init" knob to about 30 or above and it might fix the crackling issue. It depends on what patch you're programming but when I was doing bass patches I noticed that doing so fixes it.

• Yes... We all know that you don't have any issues with your Macs or PC's. For many of us, Access not having the issue was half the problem, lo!!! or... you could be saying, the order doesn't matter, the issue is still there.

Jokes aside! Every once in a blue moon i get a crackle... but when i upgraded to W10, at first it was back with a vengeance. The recent big W10 update messed everything up again too. One problem appeared to be with the wrong midi driver. When playing SQ in Nexus via the Virus, Nexus wasn't receiving the midi data correctly, not play the SQ as expected, the loop while looping would grab a sample from with in the loop and play it on each key press, instead of seamless looping to the next note. Whilst my other midi keyboards would trigger in the same project fine. When loading up my premade summon Mr. Crackles project, sure enough there he was. (edit: when playing normal notes in Nexus via the Virus no fault would be noticed, only SQ).

All i know is, with my tweaks (search me on here if anyone hasn't seen my extensive posts delving blindly into the issue), the issue is seriously improved. With out them the TI is completely unusable. When i do get a lil pop, a reset seems to fix the issue (meaning the virus is on first) but I may not be using it enough to the extent needed to create the issue, and it is still there, just lurking, hiding, waiting for that moment once again to complete ruin my life.