HOW TO RECORD AUDIO FROM VIRUS TI

• Hay ya poeple how are we all.?

Just a question about this since i am having trouble with it.

All i want to do is record the Audio out from the Virus Ti as a Wave File. I am using Cubase 4.1 On PC using Windows Sp3, Quad Core 2.4, running 4 Gig Ram.

Now i have the Virus Ti attached to my PC Via USB and i also have the Jacks (Balanced out) going out of the Virus Ti, and going in to my RME's Firewire 800 Inputs.

I have created a New Audio channel selected Access Virus and press record but no Audio Wave is being recorded.

If some one can give me a step by step guid that would be appreciated.

• all u need is 2 ts cables make sure to set your outs via the virus (its in the menu) fire wire will only make midi signals u might want to make a buss of all ur plug in tracks can u can buss all 16 multi to a aux then send that aux to a new stereo track!!! but these is no need for this if u are using midi unless u trying to minimize Ur CPU. with firewire audio runs threw the firewire cable so u will never see audio files from ur midi files the automatic becaomse audio when u bounce in real time. :P

i dont really use the firewire plug in. i just trigger all my notes via my electrictribe or mpc then the just recored the analog sum of my multi instruments out outs 1 and 2 of my ti. plz be more spefic as what u trying to do? there are many ways to get audio out of your virus

as far as getting audio in i have no idea but if that didt help just holla

• Hay mate thanks for your help.

Yeah my mate told me that all i need is my USB connected and once i bounce it down it becomes a Wave file so im happy with that.

Cheers for your help man, i was wondering why it was only recording a straight line LOL, no wi know that i dont need the Extra Jacks out of the Virus unless im doing only Midi outs.

Thanks again man. :D

• If you are using VC, knob position is received as automation data from the plugin. You should enable recording automation for VC, and arm it's strip. If you are not using VC, knob position data is received as MIDI messages on the Virus' MIDI out port. You should check that the Virus is listed as one of your MIDI input devices.
    Hope this helps.