Access Virus Editor (Aura) with TI Snow

• Hi,

I have a Virus TI Snow and I am trying to connect it to my macbook but I don't understand how to do it.

I've configured the synth as the guide shows, connected via USB but the demo version doesn't establish the connection.

Did someone get it done? I don't wanna buy it as long as the demo doesn't work.

MacBook Pro 14"

Apple M1 Max, 32 GB, Ventura 13.3.1

• I am using the AURA Virus Editor (VST and Standalone version) with my Virus TI Keyboard version from 2006 !

It is a shame that Kemper does not provide Virus Control software updates for recent MacOS versions anymore.

the AURA Virus Editor plugin is a very good alternative with tons of features…

My setup details:

• Computer Model: iMac Retina 5K 2019
    • DAW: Live 11.3.3
    • MIDI Interface: ESI MidiMate eX
    • Synth Model: Access Virus TI Keyboard / 2006
    • Editor Version: 3.0.0 build 9033
    • Main Connection: MIDI ( no USB to TI in use )

Gear: MBP M1 Max • iMac 27" • Quartet • SSL UF1/UC1/UF8 • Push2 • Virus TI • NI • Arturia / Korg / Roland cloud • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Waves / Slate / SSL Plugins • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Chris61 ()

• Over here MIDI timing is quite ok ... not much drift when sending the MIDI track out to the TI directly (not to the Editor VST)

but I can 'get' the midi drift (and lost notes) as well...but only when sending the Midi track to the track with Editor VST (see last screen Midi drift).

Recording back in (to a dedicated audio track) is quite tide as well, ( not sure why, lucky me...)

Screen 1

screen 1.png

No drift

no drift.png

MIDI drift

Midi drift.png

Gear: MBP M1 Max • iMac 27" • Quartet • SSL UF1/UC1/UF8 • Push2 • Virus TI • NI • Arturia / Korg / Roland cloud • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Waves / Slate / SSL Plugins • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

• Regular midi (without editor) is working fine for me as well. The problem is when you use the editor to pass midi notes to the Virus.

Are you using the editor just for patch loading/recall and automations on midi cables while sending notes on midi usb (no editor)?

• Regular midi (without editor) is working fine for me as well. The problem is when you use the editor to pass midi notes to the Virus.

Are you using the editor just for patch loading/recall and automations on midi cables while sending notes on midi usb (no editor)?

yes, correct, patch loading/recall is one of the use cases, but I mainly use it to setup the multi/patches/sounds (to play several parts/sounds together, define the arp pattern, setup keyboard splits, volume, pan, etc). It is much faster via the editor than with the hardware alone.