Cubase 5 and outputs Virus TI2

• Hey Every one :)

Im actualy using Cubase 5 with Virus TI2 and i dont get something. For insert effects i succeded to find how to get 3 outputs threw USB to put effects on.
    But my question is... How do i proceed if i need more channels to put effects on?! If i try to load a second VC it says that i need to connect a virus to my computer.
    So i dont realy get how i can manage my channels... Cant just work with 3 outs :(

Sorry if its a realy noob question or if i didnt look enough far in the forum to find the answer.. But i'm lost ...

Best regards F.

• thats your whack, 3 stereo outs per virus. but on the up side it will render down just like a vsti .you just need to activate the REALTIME EXPORT toggle in the export audio window

• Hey woodster, its nice to reply thanks you.

Can you precise a bit how you do that for the render.. I dont understand the method and what exactly it will bring me.

Its a pitty that we cant connect more than 1 VC ... Why everything must be so complicated :S

• Hi factor,

We are limited to 3 usb outputs for now,before 3 we had just 2.Access put in the 3rd usb output in a update a while back,so hopefully we get 16 eventually haha.You will need another virus to have 3 more usb outs.This is annoying to me also for I have to mute effects and bounce my selections allot,that is one way to be able to use more effects...mute and bounce or make a few effect sends,that will help also but is kinda lame if you want direct proccessing.You could also use the virus in hardware mode and use midi,then you can have 16 stereo channels(or mono) and have effects on them but this is a pain not only because of latency monitoring but hardware mode is not as flexible as VC e.g:Having to menu scroll to change for example the delays lfo settings or having to go in to edit and scrolling to change unison,much faster with a mouse to edit these settings.Hope that helped and I feel your pain!Take care.

• thats your whack, 3 stereo outs per virus. but on the up side it will render down just like a vsti .you just need to activate the REALTIME EXPORT toggle in the export audio window

Normally VSTi does not need realtime exporting,real time exporting is not a upside to me,specially when bouncing wave table/grain OSCs on the virus,allot of the time something goes wrong(probably just my computer though...).I have started routing my master outs to a pair of inputs so I do not need to deal with Real time,real time blows.

• Can you just explain me on how i must proceed. Im enough new to Cubase and i got my virus at the same time
    so im learning both :)

As i understand i can't use more than 16 sound at the same time?

Btw how you assign VC chans to one of the 3 usb output, i have everything from the first one, looked every where i thought i would find
    but nothing..

If someone can explain or has a tutorial for me that wood be rather cool :)

Thanks all have a good evening.

• The virus is a hardware synth and as such it creates sound using it's DSP chips and sends it to the PC through the analog outputs and/or the USB. It's not a VST, it only has a VST interface to make things easier, making it the most DAW-friendly synth in the world. It has 3 stereo outputs through USB and is 16 part multitimbral, meaning it can play a max. of 16 different sounds at any given time. Since it's not a VST, it cannot be loaded twice, it cannot have more than 3 USB outputs and it works in real-time only, just like any other hardware synth. Hence why you have to enable "realtime export" while exporting. If you need more outputs, connect the analog outputs of the synth to your sound card's inputs and use those. If you need more parts or polyphony, buy another virus. These are all the bare-bone basics, and most of it can be found in the manual.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• russian living in switzerland X( why so ?^^

just... I once studied some typical errors occuring in English used by different nations and groups. quite boring, really ;)