Beiträge von rhbmcse

My latest problem it would seem.

My TI2 61 KB Can't even be found by VCC now.

When connecting it's not found.

I get the usual "proceed as following" pop up window.

I've followed the instructions to the letter and gone into USB update mode - still not found.

To ensure it's not the cables, I've used the one from my Darkstar which works perfectly so not a cable issue.

The Darkstar is seen immediately in VCC.

Any ideas how to get this thing talking to the Mac again or is it hosed ?

**Update - I have just reconnected to my MPC live via USB and can confirm that the USB port is functional so not a USB port issue**

**Update - I have reinstalled VCC but still not found**

**Update - I have connected to a windows laptop rather than my mac with a short USB cable and the TI-2 is found - currently performing OS update even though it was already up to date**

Hi folks,

just getting back into my studio and synths again and never got very far last time with the recording part of it. The technology drives me mad even though I'm an IT tech for a living.

I'm still running cubase 8.5 which I appreciate is out of date but nonetheless cost me a chunk of money so I guess I should use it, plus it'll be easier to use VC I figure than with my MPC Live 2.

I've not idea how to use Cubase but I do recall that there were some really useful videos / tutorials on this subject but I can't find them now - probably because 8.5 is so out of date but also can't remember whether they were created by Access or Steinberg (the tutorials that is).

Clearly I need to get started from the beginning yet again.

Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

I have googled but all I get is the tutorials on the latest Cubase version which no doubt won't run ono my older 5.1 Mojave mac.

Cheers.

Rob.

Thanks Oli.

As I've said before - I'm a very creative guy and a grade 8 Keyboard player but the technology really p1$$es me off.

Give me an Atari ST with good old fashioned Cubase and I'm away.

Things have got so difficult and I'm really struggling to adjust to how all this stuff works.

Appreciate your help. Sorry I'm a pain but once I get it, I'll have it for life.

Well Oli, you've got me there - not something I've done...and have to admit I'm confused (it's easily done) which is exactly why I've shyed away from Cubase and using VSTs. I just want to record my virus - why is this so difficult ????

You've totally lost me now.

If it's so simple please explain...

What is "the original VC plugin within a VST/AU host to the Aura software" - what does that even mean ?

VST = as far as I'm aware an instrument plugin - A "virtual instrument"

The way that I'm using my MPC is simply MULTI mode on the virus with different midi channels triggering the different parts.

Are you suggesting using the Virus as a VST within MPC live to do this ?

No idea how you set that up.

Please help - stressed with all this technology and terminology - you're way ahead of me buddy.

Hi again - I guess it's Oli with a new username ?

How are you ?

OK - What I'm after here is the EASIEST long term solution to the problem.

Money isn't the issue - I'll pay for an easy life !!!

My Mac is running Mojave (10.14.6) - unlikely to ever be updated again as its a 5.1 "Cheese grater".

The task is quite simple...or so I thought!

1) Backup existing patches which I've inherited with my newly acquired darkstar.

2) Restore to factory defaults (can be done easily with VCC) - in fact I already did it then reverted so I'm back to how I got it now.

3) Copy backed up patches to where I want them as previous owner has overwritten the originals (I'd like to set it up how I want it - not how they wanted it).

Really appreciate it if you could just tell me the easiest way.

If that's Aura then I'm happy with that. When I tried to "Sync data from HW" it seemed to populate the 16 parts in the software down the left hand side with a load of patches that I don't even appear to have in the virus so I'm confused from the off really.

I've had a look at the manual but it's not clear. There are even 2 x "Sync data from HW" buttons on there, one of which appears to do nothing very quickly.

Quite a trauma for something that I'd have thought would be simple drag & drop !

**OK - I've figured that I can get the banks from my DarkStar into Aura but can't save (demo limitation). It seems that this may be the way forward. With this software would I be able to (once I've backed up all the wanted banks) reload the individual patches to where I want them and then write back to the DS ?**

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob.

OK - I have AURA.

I believe I have it connecting but I am still in Demo mode.

Do I need to purchase the full version before I can backup the sounds from my virus ?

I could use some help here - not sure whether we can Private Message somehow to prevent making this all public ?

Thanks for your help so far.

Rob.

Thank you for you prompt assistance.

I'm not sure what you mean by "only for you the AU" - I know AU is Audio unit which I understood to be a bit like a VST file ?

Is Aura a stand alone program that I can use on my MAC to be able to control these things ?

Obviously I don't want to throw money at something and then find it won't do the job !

Thanks again.

Rob.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased my second virus - a Darkstar.

It has some lovely sound banks in there so I've backed it up up using VCC.

However - I'd now like to be able to restore it to factory and then selectively add those banks to where I want them as many of the originals have been overwritten. It would also be cool to write them to my other TI2 61.

Restoring to factory shouldn't be an issue but I don't see a way to be able to efficiently browse what's in the backup and then restore to where I want.

I've searched the forum and people are saying do it through your DAW.

My DAW is an MPC live - not gonna happen as it doesn't run any kind of plug in.

I've also heard people mentioning AURA and doing SYSDUMPS.

Please forgive me - I'm not familiar with either.

I don't mind buying software if required but I could do with somebody telling me how I can achieve this without needing to fire up Cubase 8 (which I have) as I'm not really familiar with this either - unless somebody can walk me through it.

I appreciate it's a big ask but I'd have thought this would be a simple GUI driven affair from within VCC. I just want to seem my patches in the backup and be able to drop then onto the virus where I want them.

All help appreciated.

Cheers.

Rob.

" Tracks on the MPC have a Send parameter which can be used to forward incoming MIDI events to other destinations, such as MIDI ports."

This...

Yes indeed. It has its limitations though it would appear.

You can indeed forward incoming MIDI messages to another MIDI device and channel. I'm trying to get my head around the best way to do this and rapidly coming to the conclusion that what I need is another Virus instead of the controller keyboard. Damn you access for making the best synth ever...

Hi all,

having some great fun simplifying my existing setup now using MPC live as sequencer, sampler, etc.

Current setup is Virus USB connected to MPC - works great (thanks oliAtBass).

I've an Roland A-800 Pro that I've introduced into the equation as I need more than one synth at a time (this replaced my Komplete Kontrol S61 as I'm fed up with having to reach over to my Mac all the time to make tweaks).

The Roland works fine connected to the second USB port of the MPC but I can only play voices from the MPC itself.

Ideally I'd like the A-800 to be able to play sounds from the Virus - after all - it has plenty of scope !

I don't know whether there's a MIDI configuration that will allow this. I'm happy to switch over to some old-skool DIN leads rather than run over USB - makes no difference to me.

However this would presumably need Out from the A-800 to IN on the VIrus but this is already consumed by the MPC which also needs In and Out to and from the Virus in order to record and play sequences.

Thru as I understand it is an exact copy of what is received at IN so I can't see how that would help.

Is what I want to achieve actually possible ? Basically to play the virus from the Roland acting as a controller as well as being able to sequence to and from the virus ?

Incidentally Audio is straight out of the Audio outputs of the virus into the MPC - there's no TI or VST going on here.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Hi folks, just hooked my virus TI2 to my MPC Live 2.

In the MPC it shows up with 2 x devices - Virus TI MIDI and Virus TI Synth.

Why is this and what does it mean ?

I'm unsure as to how to set this up - if anybody has done this I'd really appreciate some pointers!

Cheers.

Rob.

Are you running it as a sequencer or as a live instrument ? Are you relying on Audio from the Virus Audio Outs or Streaming audio over USB (TI). If you're relying on Audio Outs have you turned LOCAL on (CONFIG / LOCAL ON) ?

Thanks Oli.

Only just getting back to my Virus now and have managed to disable the unwanted SNOW and TI VST2 version.

There seems to be a lot of discussion around using the virus as an internment track vs rack and it seems most people (on balance) are using it as a track rather than rack?

I don't really understand the difference and as a beginner to this (but a very experienced musician). I suppose I'll get my head around it eventually.

Thanks for your response. I will have a lot of questions and in the interest of keeping things 'on topic' I shall quit here and raise another thread if I cannot find my answers when searching.

Hi folks,

Just purchased my lovely TI2 and getting into integrating it with my studio.

I'm running Cubase 8.5 pro on a Mac Pro 12 core (Mojave).

When I go to add an instrument Rack I get the option of 4 viruses!...Two TI2 and two Virus SNOWs.

The first of each both have an 'x' by the side of them with a second version being available with no 'x'.

Does one denote a different VST version or similar that I shouldn't be using (depicted by the 'x') ?

Also - is adding the Virus as an instrument rack the preferred option for working in Cubase as opposed to just adding it as an instrument track ? I'm unsure what the merits of this are as I don't currently work in this manner.

Many thanks for your advice.

Rob.