Beiträge von rhbmcse

I think I've bought a duffer.

When playing long sustained pads the sound breaks up into a crackle between both stereo channels. Shorter sounds I don't notice this so much.

I've unplugged it from everything (no audio outs, no USB just power and headphones) and the issue is still there.

Originally I thought this a problem with my Audio Interface and ADAT causing the problem but it seems not.

I have read on this forum about voltage regulators and capacitors breaking and causing this but I'm no synth repair man although I can solder, and do have a multimeter.

Anybody have experience of how to troubleshoot this ?

I'd rather not get into a debate with the vendor from ebay and the listing did state that he "would not take returns"...although I have contacted him for his stance.

Cheers.

Rob.

Hi,

what Im trying to achieve is simply to have my DAW (Cubase) automatically select the correct MULTI.

My MULTI is already configured with the splits and patches that I require to perform.

I have read several threads both on here and other forums but I just can't get it to work in the manner that I require.

I have Prog Change and Multi Prog change enabled in CONFIG menu.

At the moment my Global MIDI channel is 1.

All 3 parts within the multi are also set to channel 1.

When I add in a controller lane to my MIDI track I'm able to add CC0 (MSB) CC32 (LSB) and Prog Change but all they seem to do is change the first part of the already selected Multi.

All I need the CC data to do is simply ensure that the appropriate MULTI is loaded at the start of that particular track.

I did read that somebody had suggested that only Prog Change was required for this but this also seems not to be the case.

Any assistance on whether this is actually possible and if so, how ?

Cheers.

Rob.

I struggled with this for hours - if you're having this problem allow me to enlighten you.

1) Set your Behringer to 44.1k clock, not 48 - The whole setup does not play nicely with 48khz!

2) Set your Saffire Pro to the same in Saffire MixControl

3) In Cubase Audio Device setup ensure your Clock Source is set to ADAT

4) On your virus in CONFIG ensure that Audio clock source is set to AUTO - if you see the option to select 44.1K or 48K - obviosuly set it to 44.1k

Thats it...

I set my clock to 48k on the Behringer and the Saffire pro - it all went out of sync no matter what I did.

When I tried setting everything to 44.1K it syncs up nicely again.

Cheers.

Rob.

Oli - I can't thank you enough.

I just been on another forum asking about the best levels for recording a Virus and you wouldn't believe the hatred that I've got for asking simple questions. People assume that you're dumb just because you're not a sound engineer and only just dipping your toe into a new subject. We all start somewhere. I'm sure if I asked those guys how to program enterprise Cisco routers and switches I could make them look stupid.

You've yet again been the most helpful guy I've encountered so - THANK YOU!

I've also discovered that as I like to play with a lot of splits that TTI puts the Virus into SEQ mode which doesn't seem to allow splits so I've reverted to track instruments in Multi Mode.

I've much to learn but made a start.

You're saying that I should perhaps allow 2 x bars at the start of each recording to allow the virus time to MIDI sync correctly ?

Next challenges - No matter what I set my outputs to in Cubase it goes through whatever is configured in Saffire Mix Control. I'm guessing this is a configuration issue within Saffire Mix Control - I'll start to goole "Usng focusrite saffire pro with cubase" and see where I get to from there. Appreciate that we're way off topic here. Some forums prefer you to start a whole new thread per subject which is what I did at the start so my apologies for bombarding you.

Half the battle is getting everything set up as you want it to be, then learning the software.

The challenge after that will be adding Maschine into the mix for my drum parts.

After that recording Komplete Colllection VSTs within Cubase for my orchestral sounds that the Virus doesn't do so well.

Again - thank you.

Would you be willilng to help with and Cubase queries as clearly you know this product too - I'm obviously conscious that this is a Access Virus forum.

Cheers.

Rob.

One instance of Virus Control connects to one Virus synth hardware. I have never tried that, but I would expect that you have to add another instance of the Virus Control plugin in the Cubase Rack and then there must be some way to distinguish/select the hardware to which it should correspond.

Painfully simple Oli - Each instance of VC plugin is auto assigned to each virus in Cubase. Could't be simpler.

OK Please explain if what I'm writing is correct:

First of all I create a group track called Virus Recorder. What's the purpose of this ? is this just to group any audio tracks together into this one group track?

Then I set Virus TI Out 1 send output to Group Track ("Virus Recorder") - This is an existing Audio track that Cubase creates for its own Audio from the Virus TI ? So by doing this I'm basically forwarding all audio generated by the virus to the new Group track ?

Group Track ("Virus Recorder") send output to main - Self explanatory so the audio gets routed to my monitors ?

Audio Track set input to "Virus Recorder" - This is the bit I don't get. I need to create one ? - OK I did that. By doing so the newly created Audio track records an audio track of what's coming out of the Virus Group ?

I notice in your screenshot you have "lanes" - I'm not familiar with them. I've turned them on and now when I record a new MIDI track I get a separate audio track in each lane automatically.

Am I correct ?

What's the purpose of this then - not familiar with the 'render in place' in cubase or why I'd be stressing it.

I know you're right, I'd just like to understand.

Screenshot attached of a very simple 8 bars of nothing in particular on the Virus.

Look correct ?

Cheers.

Rob.

OK - I have to feed the family now, Oli...

We need to get back to the original subject of how I manage the patches now that I have the TI plugin working on the Darkstar.

I'll be back online later - appreciate you may have disappeared by then but at least we've got somewhere.

If you could leave any instructions on how to manage the patches that would be great.

Once again - thanks you so much for your invaluable help.

Rob.

Yes - good advice that I shall follow.

Just FYI: What I mean is both virus are connected and seen in MIDI setup as you say, but I only see one VIrus TI in Rack instruments.

I expected I would see both.

Given that both my Virus' have different soundsets in them then at some point I'll need to be able to add them both as Rack instruments and control them independently but as you say - I'm trying to run way before I can walk.

Thanks again Oli.

I too LOVE my virus' (both) - hence I bought a Darkstar to compliment the TI2 - It's an obsession.

I absolutely HAVE to master this stuff and your assistance has been invaluable.

Not sure how I can pay you back for what you've done for me ?

That aside - I've both connected to the Mac and am only seeing one virus.

Maybe 2 x TI's is too much Cubase to handle ?

P.S. - I got the TI working as a VST - thank you.

Guess there's a long way to go yet...

You're my personal hero Oli.

To put you in the picture so far.

Device Setup first and foremost:

I've renamed the Ports show as names for simplicity and the necessary ports are showing as active.

MIDI ports is a bit strange:

All MIDI INs show as Active, but MIDI OUTs all show as Inactive for some reason ? - Is this normal ?

Also not sure whether I actually need TI2 MIDI and DS MIDI 'Visible' as I think the TI carries itself over the MIDI Synth channel - can you confirm ?

I remember configuring Buses within CB

I've configured Input Buses for my TI2, Darkstar, MiniBrute and Vocals.

Output Buses configured for output to my Monitors (KRK Rokits) and also to my MPC LIve (Smaller speakers which I like to run sometimes).

I think I have this right so far ?

Cheers Oli - going back to the original problem at hand...

Now that I have Cubase and can finally connect my Virus' - How do I use the plugin to manage the sound banks ?

Incidentally - do you get paid for the support that you give as you're always the guy and I appreciate I'm leaning on you a LOT.

How does one learn these things.

I know what I want to do but how to do it seems to be a major challenge.

So frustrating as a grade 8 musician to not be able to spend any time recording ideas just because the tech is so hard to understand.

Hope you understand my frustration!

Cheers.

Rob.

You've been more than helpful as usual Oli.

"What version of the MPC software are you running on macOS?"

I'm not - the whole point of the MPC was that I didn't' have to use Cubase and fire up my Mac, monitors, ADAT, Saffire Pro etc. - it was completely independent of the computer but yet again that seems to have gone out of the window and here I am - struggling with studio technology just to be able to use my equipment :( .

So long story short I'm back at Cubase 8.5 with no idea how to set it up with 2 x virus' and a Minibrute (I remember setting up buses or something in the past) ?

"All the Gear, No idea" - Sums me up perfectly.

Maschine went out of the window due to the MPC, plus getting it to work with Cubase was a headache as I remember. "Do you want to run is as a VST" ? Eh ?...

I ended up writing just in Maschine and never used Cubase. Hence never learnt it.

I could use your steer, Oli as a man of experience.

Given my setup... Maschine Mk 2, MPC live 2, Cubase 8.5, 2 x Virus' and a Minibrute (and NI Komplete 10 umtimate) - I figure I'm missing out on all those beautiful sounds that I have at my fingertips in Komplete too.

I'm guessing the best way to go would be to learn and use Cubase, Maschine for my drums and Komplete for any Orchestral textures that I would like.

Problem is that I just don't know how to pull it all together which is where the MPC scored major points - everything in one box!

I'd really appreciate your wisdom on what you would do, and where to start again - basically as a beginner. It's been a long time...

**Fixed**

Weirdly plugging into the USB 2 port on the front of the mac now detects the TI2.

Clearly there are Hardware differences between the TI2 and the Darkstar.

Using the USB3 port which works with the DS doesn't work with the TI2 KB...

Well - very strange I have to say. Update completed via windows laptop. Mac still does not see the virus, yet the Darkstar with the same cable it sees with no issues. This had previously worked as I only just acquired my Darkstar. Cable length maybe ? - nope works fine with Windows...

This makes no sense to me...

Seems that since VCC on my Mac discovered the latest addition to my collection - the Darkstar - that it will no longer detect my original TI-2 61.

Any ideas ?