Beiträge von lordradish

Thanks, Maarten. I'm likely going to get it, once the patch librarian feature is implemented (which is primarily what I need) but before I do, I just want to make sure I understand how it works. Basically, am I hooking up the TI and a USB to midi interface (I have a UM-One) to the computer and then also hook the iPad up to the computer?

One feature I'd like to see is a global assign for a bank (VCommander does this, but they don't make one for the TI), meaning, if I want to assign all of my softknobs in my arpeggiator bank to be set up the same way, I can do it for the entire bank, instead of having to go in and assign each patch, manually, which, using the current software, would take hours. Any chance you could put a feature in there like that?

An excellent new feature would be a method to globally change everything in a bank. There are two ways I'd apply this. First off, it'd be nice to be able to give everything in a bank its own classification. We can currently do this, one at a time, (such as calling it a 'favorite' or a 'pad') but it'd be nice to just reclassify an entire bank as 'pads'.

Second and more useful application... after a year of playing my Virus, I've figured out I'd really love to have the softknobs on all of my arppegiated patches to have the same setup - clock speed, arp hold, and arp pattern. Given I have two full banks of arps, it would take an excruciatingly long time to go and set them up, this way. It seems like this would be a pretty easy feature to add.

Hey, folks, I'm pretty sure that the current Virus control, with all of its limitations can't do this (and knowing there are other editors), but I'm wondering if there's a method to globally change everything in a bank. There are two ways I'd apply this. First off, it'd be nice to be able to give everything in a bank its own classification. We can currently do this, one at a time, (such as calling it a 'favorite' or a 'pad') but it'd be nice to just reclassify an entire bank as 'pads'.

Second and more useful application... after a year of playing my Virus, I've figured out I'd really love to have the softknobs on all of my arppegiated patches to have the same setup - clock speed, arp hold, and arp pattern. Given I have two full banks of arps, it would take an excruciatingly long time to go and set them up, this way. Any workaround? Sysex messages?

Hey, folks.

When I'm using arpeggiators, I almost always assign a softknob with an ArpHold command. However, I have a few rhythmic sounds that aren't arp based, and I'd like to be able to do something similar. Obviously, arp hold doesn't work. When I hold down my sustain pedal, it will let the sound go on as long as I have it held down, but I'd like to not have to hold the pedal (esp. when using a 1 keyboard-mapped multi, as it affects all of the sounds). Is there a command in that softknob menu that would essentially send the same thing that the sustain pedal does, that I can have on or off? If not, is there some other way I could accomplish this? Turning up the amp release doesn't do it. Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

"What do you think is wrong with the interface for the plugin ? i mean you have instant access to every parameter, and it's not ugly at all, and you can automate anything you want if that's your desire.. To me that fairly all i need! "

It's good that it's all you need. You're not everyone else. What's wrong with it? The lettering is too damn small. I can't even see the darn numbers of each preset. It's a pain to have to go into a DAW just to organize my presets. It's still buggy sometimes. It's still using USB 1.0. As to using one's ears, yes, of course that's important. But the entire big marketing point of the TI was total integration, meaning, do sound design on your PC. An interface is still going to be easier than menu diving on the synth, especially one as complex as this one is. If you're still selling the hardware, it's important to keep the software updated and current. That's not a ridiculous proposition.

Zitat

To me Christoph Kemper is an artist, and as every artist, you get fed up with what you've done at some point, and you try to have fun with the discipline/knowledge you acquired and try to use it somewhere else... And that's what he's doing with Kemper amp..

The virus has been around since 20 years, it's still one of the most desirable synths out there, as users of it, you guys know how deep/perfect it is. You know that if you work in music for image, or even pop, the virus is basically all you need, and all the other synths are just other extra flavors, a caprice.. I load init patches in the virus on my default templates, every day, a few minutes later i got something going and i'm working! That's all that matters to me, the virus is a 'tool' that works every day when i need it, and in 99% of the situations, if not 100%! Do i need another virus ? Not really.. It still sounds like the future haha!

I'm really happy for Christoph if he still has a lot of fun discovering new things, putting out new successful products, and i'm sure that if he has a new sick idea for the virus/synth market, we will know about it.. Consider that this guy made the perfect synth with the virus, and he's becoming the same thing for guitar players... Culturally, it's huge already..

Those are all fair and excellent points, for sure, but I suspect that for a lot of us, it's not even about re-inventing the Virus, it's just about it catching up. If it is working well, I plan on using my TI2 until it doesn't work anymore... but I don't want to hit a point where I'm tied to some abandonware with a 2009 interface in the year 2025. When I first joined the forum, I'd said something similarly. Even knowing that the Virus is likely nearing the end of its production life (based on that technical data someone posted on here a while ago about the DSP chips), I'm fine with that. For me, the sticking point is people are still buying new Viruses, today, that could very well still be in service, 10 years from now or longer. There's been no shortage of suggestions for small improvements to the synth that would add a few functions (but, at least to me, aren't deal-breakers), but what is really needed is one last revamp of the control software to something that is more in line with today's interfaces and such. I think what bothers me the most is the silence on the part of Access. Yes, that latest bug fix was nice, for sure, and I'm sure that next year or the year after, there'll likely be another or two with the upgrades to people's computer OS's, but I'd really like a better interface that is easier to use and is also scalable so I can actually see what the heck I'm doing, so I'm not still using a 2009 style program, 10 years from now.

If the software interface ever gets any sort of substantial update:

Rescalabitlity - it's darn hard to read, people have bigger monitors now, so a scalable interface is crucial (I know about other ways of doing this, but that shouldn't be necessary).

When moving/assembling patch libs, often, I have a new patch that I'd like to stick at the front of my list, but right now, it seems I can only paste over a different one, which is a real hassle. It'd be nice to have the option of pasting a new patch in between other ones.