Beiträge von Sacguy71

I had mixed results running it on El Capitan and High Sierra even though Kemper Access Music states that these are supported versions of the macos. It works on Windows 10 but does hang in the DAW quite a bit. I bought the Mystery Islands software and will see if I have better results as I’d like to make use of the expensive new M1 MacBook Pro with more power and use the latest version of Logic Pro to take advantage of Atmos Dolby in my Virus recordings.

For me the power of the TI software is with loading, changing and managing presets in the many banks of the Virus and selecting these. Also the mod matrix has hundreds of choices and scrolling one at a time in the UI of the hardware is painful at best. So yeah the TI software when working is very useful!

I am a new Virus TI2 Darkstar Polar keyboard owner and bought mine brand new from Sweetwater. Great sounding synth with tons of power even in 2022 with all the fancy new gear from competitors. Some tips I learned

1. Mac OS users- find old computer with 8-16GB RAM and load older version of Mac OS X from USB boot drive. I like High Sierra and it works with the Virus TI software.

2. Join the Virus TI Facebook group

3. Be patient and have fun learning it. Very powerful complex synth with many sound crafting options.

4. Buy a good sequencer! I have a Squarp Hapax on the way.

Hopefully Access Music and Kemper hire some bright new developers to update the driver software for newer Mac OS X computers! I ended up having to return a brand new Macbook Pro that won't work on Virus due to incompatible newer versions. Spent great deal of my weekend playing Mac OS system administrator to downgrade the Mac OS X on two very old macbooks to use El Capitan and High Sierra so I can run the Virus TI software and Logic X. Also have to use a much older version for Logic X (10.3.3 and 10.4.3!!!!) to create and record stuff from the new Virus ti2 keyboard that I just bought. So yeah I am willing to contribute!!!!

I have a new Squarp Hapax arriving soon and want to sequence multiple parts from the Virus TI2 without using a computer or the TI software. Like load drum patches to parts 1-6 on the virus and leads pads on parts 7-12 and create sequences for each on the Hapax. I’m new to the Virus world as mine just came the other day and based on how painful doing this in the DAW with the TI software, I want to avoid using the computer. Output will be sent to a Zoom mixer recorder.

Hi all,

Have wanted a Virus synth for many years and bought one recently. Really having fun with it aside from getting the Virus TI software to work over USB in Mac OS X and Windows 10.

Once I leave that aside and use a sequencer via MIDI and jam on the Virus, it comes alive and very fun instrument and has unique amazing raw sounds very different than other synthesizers in my studio like Moog and my analog modular synths. Anyways looking for synth nerds like myself in northern California say hello!

This is fantastic! I’m learning my new Virus TI2 Polar keyboard and want to know how to use the synth without the computer plugin software. I did manage to get the firmware updated and plugin working on Windows 10 to at least let me set banks and parameters in the mod matrix. Still working with support to get it working on Logic X and Mac OS 10.11.6 and also with Ableton Live.