Beiträge von nms

Personally I really wouldn't recommend a duet at all. A steinberg MR816x would be a much better purchase partly because you'll have 8 channels instead of just 2. Makes it a lot more future proof. Unless you are pretty sure on never owning more synths.

I've had this happen for most of the year where my Virus Ti2 Polar randomly plays stuck notes when idle. I've come home before, come out of the shower etc.. to find a loud note playing from my studio. It happened twice today. Once with one note, then another time with 2 notes. I turned off VC just to make sure it wasn't responsible but when I turned it back on the notes were still held. It's a little unwelcome from a synth I paid $3400 for. Thoughts?

you may be confusing Virus Control (VC) with Virus Control Center (VCC). Bit of an oversight to name them so closely but..
    If you need to burn ROM banks you can only do that with VCC. You can however swap patches in the manner you described to a RAM bank using VC.

I haven't been having much fun with the arp in my Ti2. I'm running the latest OS
    After much troubleshooting I have found the following restrictions and bugs. This is in Live 8. The first 2 are the big ones.

1. The arp note send function doesn't work at all with VC running. Not for arping external synths and not for recording the arp sequence to midi.
    2. While using arp note send to arpeggiate an external synth (VC not running in project) if you have one key held any other keys played aren't played in time with the grid on first press. They only stick to the arp grid from their second note onwards if held down.. basically making playing into the arp useless because only held notes will sync.
    3. In VC when you turn arp note send on the arp only works on every second channel. how come? .
    4. While using the virus to arpeggiate an external synth (VC not running in project) the arp only works with Edit Cfg> keyboard> local on

Right now I use my virus Ti2 as my main interface and run my moog voyager into the analog inputs on the virus. How good are the AD converters on the virus inputs? Moog worthy?
    Or should I get another interface like an apogee duet or steinberg MR 816 x and run them both into it for tracking purposes? Then I'd be using the virus' via analog out instead of USB which I've heard might be better.
    would the apogee duet have better AD converters than what's in the virus? Is it worth spending the extra money?

can u mention the driver files u removed?

dosent seem to work here

On each of the folders you have to go to properties> security> advanced> owner and change your account to be the owner. Then properties>security>edit and give your account full control

For me they were located in: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

and started with virususb and vti

I just had a 100% successful update after doing this on windows 7 x64.. first time ever. I usually get BSOD

I've been loving Win 7 x64. the first OS4 build is what I've been using, just you don't have any access to VCC. VC still works. There've been issues reported of course but it's good enough to use til they get the new one sorted out enough that you can at least install the damn thing.

Total mess on Windows 7 x64 with my Ti2. Has anyone had success running it on that?
    first installation attempt bluescreened me. same as what the last update caused.
    I spent an hour and a half trying to uninstall and reinstall doing diff things.. unplugging my Ti2, trying diff usb ports.

It would not by any means find my virus so I uninstalled and went back to v40018_x64.. or in other words the previous release with no launchable VCC on Win7x64
    wish this wasn't such a hassle to get fully working drivers. Makes me suspect there is terrible (or none at all?) QC testing on Win 7 x64.

^we mean Virus Control Center, not the Virus Control plugin.. and I'm guessing this is a problem across the board for win 7x64 users

I would like to mention though, that if you need VCC to do some ROM flashing, just install the previous release.... because it turns out that the previous software version had no problem loading up VCC and will link to your virus just fine even though it's still using OS4. However you won't be able to run VC with this mismatched setup.

same problem here.. also running Win 7 x64.

Virus Control plugin works fine, but I cannot open VCC.

"The installed drivers do not match the version required by the Virus Control Center.
    Please reinstall the Virus TI Software Suite and contact Access support should the problem persist."

on a separate note, how do I load a custom soundbank with the extension .VTIBACKUP ?
    Can I do it without VCC?

First off... BIG thanks to the Access crew for the new release! I know the pressure's been on especially for Win 7 x64 support..
    I just installed 100% problem free onto my new studio computer so there were no previous versions to worry about complicating things..
    Running Windows 7 x64 and Gigabyte EX58-UD3R mobo. Installed with my virus unplugged then plugged it in when asked. No problems. Next up I'll test for latency issues.
    cheers, hope all had a good holiday :)

this is pretty disappointing. Pretty major thing to not be able to properly run your virus on an OS that allows you more than 3.2GB of Ram. I mean look at Windows XP x64.. how long has 64bit OS been around for? no excuse for Access not to have solid 64bit compatible software. The virus is one of the most popular synths in electronic music.