Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 6:32pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Ionis

Intermediate

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 6:29am

I jus bought a virus TI2 desktop and... this USB latency is really ruining all the thing !

I'm using Ableton Live 8 Suite, and the sync is correct only if I use Virus Conrol and the analog outputs. If I use the USB output, that's just horrible... HUGE desynchronisation.... (nearly 50 ms)

Please Access... are you serious ??!!

Ableton Live is one of the most used daw actually, and I'm using it for live gigs !! Being unable to use all the outputs of this synth reduce its interest by half for me... and I'm already thinking about selling it.
Live has a automatic latency compensation. You should at least tune your USB outs latency information to make it match !!

what's the problem here?

Anyway, this is why I'm adding a reply here to ask for a "EDIT ONLY" VST. Please.

What is your system? What is your interface? I have found that using a DEDICATED interface help a lot with latency.
/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|
Ionis

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 11:41am

What is your system? What is your interface? I have found that using a DEDICATED interface help a lot with latency.
I use a MOTU 828mk3 (firewire), and never had a general laency issue before.

The problem is not the latency of my system (general latency of my whole system is less than 20ms), the problem is the latency of the USB audio communication with the Virus. I just don't care that the "Live" mode solves the problem: I use my system for live gigs, and yes, I DO press the PLAY button, so the "Live" mode is not avaible when I play !

Now I don't use USB audio (and VC) anymore. I use the USB connection only for MIDI communication, the Virus in MULTI mode, and I use the 6 analog audio outs plugged in 6 audio inputs of my 828mk3, and I made a little Max4Live pach for automation purposes. See below a screenshot of a typical setup :

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 12:46pm

if you aren't using vc why you connected virus usb cables,,
disconnected usb cable and route your virus with midi input and output by you motu midi interface
put your motu buffser size to 128-256 then play your gig...
also check your delay compensation which is on or off!!
DAW: Cubase 6.5.4 (64 Bit)
Virus TI OS:4.5.3
---------------------------
Synth : Virus Ti Desktop,Virus Ti Snow,Nord Stage ex88,Roland Mc-909
PC : Core i7 870 ,8.0 GB Ram
Mac : Macbook Pro Mid 2012 ,Core i7 ,8GB Ram

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 1:03pm

if you aren't using vc why you connected virus usb cables,,
disconnected usb cable and route your virus with midi input and output by you motu midi interface
put your motu buffser size to 128-256 then play your gig...
also check your delay compensation which is on or off!!
because my MIDI outs are already used for other instruments, and I dont want to do more MIDI chaining.

As I said, I have absolutely no problem this way, the problem was when using the Virus VST and USB audio.

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 2:41pm

do you have latency problem even with virus audio interface?
DAW: Cubase 6.5.4 (64 Bit)
Virus TI OS:4.5.3
---------------------------
Synth : Virus Ti Desktop,Virus Ti Snow,Nord Stage ex88,Roland Mc-909
PC : Core i7 870 ,8.0 GB Ram
Mac : Macbook Pro Mid 2012 ,Core i7 ,8GB Ram

Ionis

Intermediate

Monday, November 1st 2010, 3:47am

I read somewhere that USB MIDI transmits data 14x faster then MIDI IN and OUTs. After reading your reply I found it interesting that you use your virus this way (and cool). I use live and when I play live music after pushing play, if the live play button is pressed before I start the part I play is live because the virus routes it into the direct output and bypasses the software, I think. if you setup your configuration of delay compensation for it being live and always play it live, Ableton will playback MIDI data from the Virus in real time.

This has been the bane to me as well, but after tweaking my system, I've gotten it right as well.

I hope that helps.
/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|/|
Ionis

civan

Beginner

Tuesday, November 2nd 2010, 7:05pm

I'm not sure if this is the kind of solution some of you are looking for but there are some VST host programs out there that will allow you to run VST instruments and effects without the full-fledged DAW.
I did a little bit of searching and I came across these. I don't have the need for these applications yet but eventually if I ever get a chance to perform live I would like to try them out for VC.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/rax/

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/VSTiHostOSX/

The programs may or may not work with VC. Maybe someone would like to be the guinea pig?

Friday, February 18th 2011, 11:07am

Thank you all for usefull posts!

Yesterday I have bought a TI2 Desktop and in the first 10 minutes I have found this sync problem with ARP :D I have also MOTU 828mk3 (firewire) and I am always using the analog audio IN/OUT to transmit the audio signal. There is also a 828mk3 USB version. Advertisements sometimes say, that the transfer speed of USB2 and firewire F400 is almost the same. But the main difference is that USB2 transfer is always controlled by the host computer. In firewire connection both sides can control the transfer, so the connection is in final faster than USB2. So I can imagine, that routing 3 audio HiFi signals through USB2 could cause the sync troubles. I will try to disable audio over USB and let's see what happens :)

Peter

Lundin

Beginner

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 3:52pm

I vote for this hands down.
It feels pretty obvious that it would work this way so VC as librarian only together with regular midi and regular audio outputs should be considered a bomb.

horizens

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:33am

I would love to be able to run VC via USB but midi and audio straight from my TI Desktop. Audio/Midi over USB with the TI just isn't reliable.