Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:35am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

• "militantmind" started this thread

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 8:24am

3 output via usb?

So I'm a new full keyboard Virus TI owner and I've purchased this unit to work in unison with Logic Pro. I'm also a new mac-user... I have an Apogee Ensemble I want to use as my soundcard, and I wish to use the Virus TI through USB but using the 3 outputs it apparently can perform. I have yet to achieve this in Logic and was hoping to get some master-craft info on how to use my TI for 2 or 3 instruments.

Thanks very much for your time and consideration!

mm

7G

Beginner

Monday, February 8th 2010, 8:20am

I wouldn't use the USB's if i where you...Try the old school analog outs..They sound much more warmer

Monday, February 8th 2010, 10:02am

7G -

you trade "warmer" for not-in-time? i wouldn't ...

@militantmind: there is a logic tutorial project and pdf which shows you how it works. both can be found when clicking on the "?" in Virus Control.

best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

7G

Beginner

Monday, February 8th 2010, 1:10pm

On-time always here Marc with the analog outs :)
I'm just pressing that "Live" button on VC and set my buffer size to 256
Cheers!

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 6:24am

The logic tutorial doesn't show me how to use the virus ti NOT as the main sound card. The tutorial assumes you are using the TI as the sound card. I want to use my ensemble NOT my TI as my logic sound output.

Thanks.

mm

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 10:26am

The logic tutorial doesn't show me how to use the virus ti NOT as the main sound card. The tutorial assumes you are using the TI as the sound card. I want to use my ensemble NOT my TI as my logic sound output.

Thanks.

mm
then don't use it as a sound card, it's not mandatory to do so.

marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

AtonyB

Professional

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 8:25pm

I think the point is that he doesn't necessarily know how to.

Besides, I don't use the USB inputs as I dont like my recordings to be full of clicks (I'm funny like that) - no such problems with analogue...

Wednesday, February 10th 2010, 8:21am

Update:

The trouble I was having is that I couldn't find an explanation on how to setup the Virus TI's instrument channel in Logic 9 to be multitimbral. You can select this option from the original channel insert menu in Logic then specify how many channels are assigned to the one instrument; in this case a Virus TI.

Afterwards it's all in the manual. Thanks for all the assistance!

Best,

mm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "militantmind" (Feb 10th 2010, 9:41pm)