retrieving the arp patterns

• Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a visual look at the arp patterns on my TI Polar. The reason being that I want to transfer them to other synths, so that I can have the same pattern on multiple sound sources in the same song. e.g. Using the patterns in CamelSpace, FM8, Albino etc etc

Is there a tool which allows me to see the patterns, or at least a list of them somewhere? I know I can do it by ear, but it'd be a ton easier having a list

thanks

Dave

• I have a Virus C and when I want to see the notes of any arp pattern, I go to the system settings of the Virus and set ARP SEND on. Then hit record in your sequencer and it should record all the notes coming from the arp pattern. There's a few things you need to keep in mind when doing this though. If the MIDI output is going to the Virus at the same time it is playing the arp, you will create a loop, causing the Virus feedback or no sound at all. So make sure you don't set the MIDI output to the Virus. Once you've recorded successfully, you can open the MIDI event and check it out.

You can use the ARP SEND feature to send the arp pattern from the Virus to any other MIDI device. Just do as explained above, but set the ouput to any other MIDI device.

• Nice one. I'll take a crack. It's a little painful that they don't have even a read only view of the pattern in the arp window of the VC, but still this should be enough.

cheers

• I have a Virus C and when I want to see the notes of any arp pattern, I go to the system settings of the Virus and set ARP SEND on. Then hit record in your sequencer and it should record all the notes coming from the arp pattern. There's a few things you need to keep in mind when doing this though. If the MIDI output is going to the Virus at the same time it is playing the arp, you will create a loop, causing the Virus feedback or no sound at all. So make sure you don't set the MIDI output to the Virus. Once you've recorded successfully, you can open the MIDI event and check it out.

You can use the ARP SEND feature to send the arp pattern from the Virus to any other MIDI device. Just do as explained above, but set the ouput to any other MIDI device.

Just a mild correction, hardly known: Not all Parts of a Multi sends its ARP data.

I tripped over it while "recording" midi data from a multi. It drove me crazy. Access answer came quick.

-- Only odd numbers of Parts (1,3,5,7,9,etc) are sending their ARP data to the output!

So, next project keep in mind: e.g. all pads and leads to the even numbers.

(Ti desktop is what I use)