Beiträge von Ruari

…all i can see is rev and chor followed by the volume…

You have the wrong kind of channel strip, that's for an external instrument. Even though your Virus technically is an external instrument that's not what you need to be using for the TI to work.

Up in the top left corner of the arrange window, there's a button labelled "+" next to where it says Global Tracks. Press that then choose "Software Instrument" from the drop down menu.

In the channel strip which appears in the Inspector window above where it says Stereo Out there's a grey box - click this then scroll down to AU Instruments. Now you will find the TI plug-in.

Really this is entry level beginner stuff that I'm telling you here, you would benefit from spending some time getting alot more familiar with Logic.

EDIT: Which version of Logic are you using? I'm assuming you are using Logic 9.1.3

I'm not sure why this is happening mate, I've just tried it myself on an old project & I can Bounce any channel individually.

I can't get my head round that you can hear the track when you are bouncing but it renders an empty file, I'm assuming the Output meters are showing activity as well which should mean that you would end up with something.

If you can, zip the project & send me it in a PM I will see if I can figure it out for you.

You would load it the same way as you would any of Logics own instruments, like the ES2 for example. You may need to scroll down the menu to see AU Instruments but it will be there.

If you are unsure how you would do this, read the Logic manual under "Working with instruments & effects" & specifically "Working with plug ins"

You need to load the virus as a software instrument in one of your logic channel strips, when you click on the channel input go down to where it says AU Instrument then you should find it under Access.

Always the same: complainers complaining about the release not being soon enough and then two days later complaining that is buggy and unusable ;)
    If I ever sell my Virus it will be either for funding another (or some health related expense) or for getting rid of this.

Hey Roby

You're not talking about me there are you? I don't think I've ever complained about it being buggy & unusable.

I posted here yesterday as a bit of tongue in cheek cos Ben mentioned in the video that it would be released in about 45 days and that must have been about 45 days ago.

No complaints from me, just anticipation for some cool new features - bring on the chorus :thumbup:

Finally found the right USB port (#3 for me).

Hey Suges,

Thats pretty much the same way I went about troubleshooting when I first got my TI, but I found that port #1 is better behaved than #3. They were both working similarly well until I plugged the keyboard into #4 then the Virus seemed to go off on it's own improvised tangents whilst connected to #3.

I've got all my key commands in Logic set up to include the number pad, which is why I've got the keyboard plugged in, after reading your post I was wandering if you are using the wireless keyboard with your set up?

Logic still is AFAI know.

I'm not wanting to get involved in a platform war, I doubt Logic will ever be available for windows again.

My Virus is quite happy working away perfectly for about 95% of the time. I do get the occasional pop & click & sometimes I experience the wandering Arp but nothing that stops me working with it or thinking that it's broken.

I've never tried it with Pro Tools so can't offer any advice there.

Hi Roby

I'd guess that the paint has just wore down over time, if it's only happened where you rest your hand while programming then I do think thats what it it is.

I don't have any problems like this with my Virus but the leading edge of my mixer looks very tatty, alot worse than your Virus :D

I don't know if there's anything you can do to get it repaired & in my case I don't really want to get my mixer repainted as I quite like the patina of wear & tear that you get on a much used bit of equipment. As long as it's still doing what it's meant to be doing it shouldn't matter…unless you are about to throw the towel in & thinking of getting rid of it 8o

Hi Marc

I have made a couple of multi instrument templates to allow Logic users to use the TI as an external synth & browse the banks quickly, I have zipped a Logic file & was going to upload it here but I can't seem to find an add attachment option.

Would I be allowed to do this?

Thanks

Ruari

I'm by no means an expert on this kind of thing but to me it sounds like an electricity/power management issue, for the sake of troubleshooting, do you have your equipment connected via some sort of surge protection?

If you are using Windows have you unticked the box marked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management page of the USB root hub?

Also if you are worried about sudden fluctuations in power you could maybe consider investing in an Uninterruptable Power Supply, here's an article from Sound on Sound about them, it may help.