Is the Virus Ti2 Desktop compatible with Windows 11 ?

• On the topic of hubs, I’ve done some research.

It seems the key is that a hub follows the USB 2.0 “MTT” standard. Unfortunately, it is difficult to know if a given hub or switch meets the MTT spec or is only STT compatible.

If anyone is curious (can’t imagine many will be), here’s some info:

What are Multiple TT (MTT) USB Hubs?

On Mac and Windows, check your hub as follows:

On MacOS, it is possible to install lsusb command line tool which was back-ported to MacOS long time ago via macports or homebrew install systems: sudo port install usbutils. Once installed, the steps are:

The hub type can be checked with lsusb command. TT information is provided in bDeviceProtocol field of the device descriptor of the hub in the question. Alternatively, one can run lsusb -v | grep TT or lsusb -v | grep bDeviceProtocol for the list of the bDeviceProtocol fields for all connected devices.

On Windows, you can check if your hub has this feature using the Windows Device Manager. Look for the words "Hub has multiple TTs" in the Advanced tab:

• I'm using the Virus TI plug-in with Reason 12 on Windows 11 and it seems to work just fine. No issues so far....(knock on wood)

Thank you for reporting this. I‘m currently contemplating to ditch macOS for Windows.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+