Virus TI: TI mode issue?

• Hello,

Forgive me I don't really know how the TI works with computers. When I power on my Virus TI, about half of the time, even if there is nothing connected to USB, it starts up in a mode where I can't change presets or use Multi mode. Rebooting the Virus always sets things right 100% of the time.

I'm wondering if this is related to my inability to get the official software to connect via USB, so I just wanted to see if others more knowledgeable than me think the USB port might be bad, which is what I think. I'm about to open it up to make a couple simple repairs and might replace the USB port while I'm at it. Would be awesome to know for sure what's up. Thank you in advance!

• I'd reinstall the firmware using VCC when you do get a connection.

Also consider doing a full reset holding down the AARP button whilst connecting the power.

Also don't use USB 3 ports - mine don't like them. Use USB 2.0

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification