New Kemper Pedal!!!???

• And Cristoph Kemper says, “Let there be a new Kemper Pedal,” and with a wave of his hand (and a strong dose of his admirable, and some would say magical, musical gear engineering), releases the Kemper Profile Player.

What DSP did he build this exciting new product on?

Needless to say, legions of Virus owners must be asking the age-old question, “Is Kemper writing code on a new DSP platform, or do they have a new and not ‘end of life’ version of the Freescale chip our Virus runs on?” What does this mean for the future of our beloved synth platform? Or does this mean nothing at all for synth players?! I wager the latter, but we’ll see…

I’m already thinking that I might replace the IK Multimedia Tonex pedal I play guitar through (with the help of some pre- and post-Tonex effects courtesy of my beloved Virus TI2 Desktop) with this seemingly amazing new product.

The speculation is undoubtedly rampant. I’m excited by the prospect of all the energy that will be expended discussing and arguing about this!

Let the forum pyrotechnics begin!

• From the PROFILER Player page:

Zitat

The PROFILER Player offers a selection of some the finest effects in the world. As a company, KEMPER is also responsible for creating the ACCESS™ VIRUS™, one of the most successful synthesizers of all time. Nearly 25 years of experience.

So, the neglected Virus is now remembered and abused as a marketing argument.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Now that I’ve ordered a Kemper Profiler Player, I’m reading discussion boards to learn about the device. The level of interest in this new product is incredible, and I suspect Kemper is selling a lot more units than expected.

I’m hoping that the surge of revenue and profits, Kemper’s continued success at wringing musical gear miracles out of the lowly 56k DSP chip and the way they are using the Virus series as a part of their marketing of the new pedal, will act as a reminder that the Virus is a great product, and worth continuing.

ckemper, if you happen to read this post, you’ve duly earned your reputation as one of the best (if not the singular finest) in electronic music gear design today. I have personally purchased both a Virus TI2 Desktop and a Profiler Player - I’m investing my money and precious time into your first-rate products.

Your firm’s lack of support for the Virus damages your excellent reputation. You clearly currently have the capability in your firm to write and update 56k DSP code, and to pair that with drivers and control applications for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android. Why not leverage some of your capabilities to continue support for your legendary Virus TI/TI2 synthesizer?

• YO, Merry New Years you sick fvcks (virus, get it..?). Does ANYONE have ANY insight to what the plan is for the Virus TI...? Years ago Kemper / Access were looking to hiring a coder on the Facebook forum. Did that pan out, have they been feverishly working on a new synth product? Hot steamy rumors are more than welcome at this point as the TI is discontinued. Please whisper good-nothings into my ear.. kisses XOXO and have a productive 2024.

JZ

Virus TI 1 Desktop / SH-101 & TB-303 w Quicksilver / EMU Morpheus & Ultra Proteus / Komplete Kontrol S61 & MPC LIVE2 / Ableton 11 & Resolume Arena / Mac M3 w Fireface UFX+

• He's not listening to us, we're being actively ignored and snubbed.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• I brought this up when I spoke to Kemper customer service about the Kemper Profiler Player I ordered from our local in-country distributor.

The very friendly gentleman I spoke with said that Cristoph is painfully aware of our frustration, and that the issue is one of resources. He claims that they have been unable to hire the programmer needed for this work due to the labor market in Germany.

I hope CK tries harder. It seems that Kemper is selling a huge amount of the new pedals. Perhaps some of those profits could help reactivate support for the Virus. Either way, it would be nice if we heard from ckemper about this. Radio silence isn’t helping…