Slow 10 minute wait time syncing patches to computer!

• Every time I connect my ti2 to the computer & daw (with the virus plug in), it takes about 10 minutes to sync. I saw the problem on some other threads, but no solution has worked for me. I have a ti2 with latest OS using windows 10 & ableton.. have tried different usb cables and ports... no luck... anyone any ideas?

• So the VC plugin behaves as if you were connecting your Virus for the first time. To me it seems as if it doesn’t remember the device. Which could be because the process is not allowed to write the data to the desired directory. I don’t know what directory is used to keep that data on Windows, but AFAIR on macOS it’s in a common system location which is write protected for unprivileged users.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• So the VC plugin behaves as if you were connecting your Virus for the first time. To me it seems as if it doesn’t remember the device. Which could be because the process is not allowed to write the data to the desired directory. I don’t know what directory is used to keep that data on Windows, but AFAIR on macOS it’s in a common system location which is write protected for unprivileged users.

yes someone else mentioned write privileges - i'll look into that thanks.

• i know this on Windows 10 x64 and Ableton 11. i did not find any solution to solve this issue. (honestly i did not spend much time to solve this)

the location is under the user documents folder- also as user with admin rights i have the same situation.

• i know this on Windows 10 x64 and Ableton 11. i did not find any solution to solve this issue. (honestly i did not spend much time to solve this)

the location is under the user documents folder- also as user with admin rights i have the same situation.

yeah same here - from what i can see the permissions seem okay... though i only see folders for factory defaults - maybe it was trying to create a new folder but couldn't

Yep, you're right. User folder, also on macOS. My memory seems to be less reliable with age...

But it is in the user /Library path, which can have odd permission issues as well.

Just for the record, path on macOS is:

/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Cache/<SerialNumber>

The Virus Control software adds a folder for each Virus with the serial number of the hardware as name.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• If you don’t have a Cache folder, then that’s the problem. VC doesn’t know your device and initiates a sync.

• If you don’t have a Cache folder, then that’s the problem. VC doesn’t know your device and initiates a sync.

could any one on a windows pc confirm this?

did you have a folder called "Cache" in: C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Cache

what i tried for now is:

i created a folder called "Cache" in C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\

given all possible rights - same situation

i created a folder called "the Virus TI2 Serialnumber" in C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Cache

after that is deinstalled all Access Virus componets. cleaning the system from all access folders.

Installed Access Virus Software again - same situation.

• i have the same situation on 2 different windows notebooks. every time i load the ti2 plugin - Syning Memory With Virus

HP EliteBook i5 13th

Windows 11

Ableton 11

HP ProBook i5

Windows 10

Ableton Lite 11

• i think the folder inside 'cache' is named exactly what your serial number is

could someone with a mac confirm the format of this?

• i think the folder inside 'cache' is named exactly what your serial number is

could someone with a mac confirm the format of this?

on mac it is like ozon wrote:

/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Access Music/Virus TI/Cache/<SerialNumber>

that is what i did but does not solve the problem:

C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Cache\<SerialNumber>

i created a folder called "the Virus TI2 Serialnumber" in C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Cache

• damn it..

i guess there's no one from access who can help anymore?

has anyone with windows have this problem?