TI2 61, Cutoff 1 Glitch

• Hello fellow Virus users.

I've had my TI2 61 key for over a year now and I've begun having a problem with the filter cutoff 1 knob.

Randomly, without me playing or adjusting the knob, the filter will jump to 127. It's not the mod wheel, or anything else. It just seems for whatever reason to just glitch out without notice.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating during live performances or even when laying down a track in the studio. (It happens that often)

This began happening back on OS4, and updating has done nothing. My guess would be some form of defect in the board but wanted to post here first to see if any of you would happen to know of a possible solution.

Thank you. [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.infekted.org/virus/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif]

• It could be a faulty pot or maybe its soldering has broke off, so occasionally its gives 0ohm or completely disconnects. Is your unit still under warranty? If so you can get it serviced for free (you might pay for shipping though). If not, dealing with the pot should be fairly simple for a trained technician, sometimes even for electronics enthusiasts.
    Does your setup consist of any other MIDI devices as well? The Virus might receive unintended messages and react this way.

If it is a faulty pot, a temporary solution could be to put the Virus in remote mode while you are recording using VC.

• Mine seems to be doing something similar. Does yours display anything to say the pot has been moved?

I can have a patch loaded, be playing, and after a while - not easy to predict, but certainly "some time, and it resets if the patch is reloaded and it's some time before it does it again" during playing it'll just suddenly change the patch and open it right out. There's no indication on the display to suggest any pots or signals have been received, but it happens with a variety of patches and usually after they've been played for a long time - as if there's a really slow envelope that suddenly kicks in.

Certainly it sounds like the cutoff has changed, even though I didn't know what the cause was.

Mine's a TI, not a TI2, but it's been consistent enough (and also insufficiently random - it's never 'just after' or 'after the synth has been on') that it doesn't feel like a failing pot to me, and I get no indication of a value being changed on the display. Feels like a bug to me, and it feels like a bug that I'd put down to using Virus C patches on a TI (except I find it on what I believe to be TI patches too).

• Mine is a TI 61-key with most recent OS.

Just connected to iMac via USB. Nothing else apart from a hold pedal.

What DID occur to me though, was that I'd set it to use a control pedal assigned to cutoff #40, which is not connected. So I've gone and disabled that, and will see if it results in any changes,

Changing patches seems slow, but i figure they have a lot to load up.