Cubase 7.5 crash on loading project with Virus Ti

• Hi all,

Cubase 7.5 crashes when i'm loading a project that include a Virus TI instance, i have to restart it several times before it works for no reason. I disabled kaspersky which caused some troubles but looks like my problem is somewhere else. Does this happen to you ? Any ideas ?

Thanks for the help.

• Yes, happens to me quite often too (C7.5.30). Seems to me that Cubase is sometimes a bit fragile while waiting for the Virus to cooperate during project loading. It's impossible to confirm a specific issue though, as sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Wish I could tell what the precise issue was.

• Alright i appreciate your reply. It's a bit weird, simply restarting the client several times makes it work. Let's cross fingers for an update to fix this soon ;)
    If anyone figured out what was causing the crashes please let us know !

• Hi Marc, thanks for your reply.

The crashes occured on OS 5.0.8, i'm upgrading to 5.1 right now i will let you know if it works better.

Edit : Windows 7 user...

• For me it still crashes under Windows 8.1 and Cubase 8 Pro while loading a project where virus was already integrated. When I start a new project and open Virus Plugin, there´s no crash.

• I have the same problem.

When I start a project with the Virus, everything seems fine..... then one day I will open the project and it will say "starting Virus" on the screen of the hardware, I see the disk cache usage spike and redline on the Transport window and it just crashes Cubase.

I am using Cubase 8, Windows 8 and OS 5.0.8

This is not the "total integration" experience I was hoping for and I am worried after reading so many people with the same issue!? It took me 2 hours to try and work around this last week when I was trying to work and another 4 hours tonight where I am able to do nothing at all in my studio!!!!

I have just downloaded the 5.1 beta and I am praying it works because after wanting a Virus for many years, saving up all my money to buy one I am having a miserable and frustrating time.

• Yep, crashed...I updated to Cubase 8.05 and now the GUI is broken. I am installing the beta now in hopes that this is fixed...

Very frustrating when we take backwards steps :wacko:

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416

• FYI, Working in a 64bit environment.

After updates and everything ..seems to be working again.

PCWS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=19TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II

Cubits: Cubase 12.0.7 | CMC-TP · CH · PD · AI · QC · FDx2

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416