Beiträge von EvilGus

Ok, I've certainly got it and happy to email it to you. (Sounds like a Moog-ish bass patch.) I can't tell which bank it's in, so don't know whether you can download it easily from the Access site. Might be in one of the TI Factory ROM banks, if I get some free time, I'll have a further look.

EG

Are you just talking about the lead sound from 0:14, or when the same sound is more effected, a bit later on? Its the same basic patch, but the filter is modulated by an LFO. Could be multiple filters and LFOs, of course.

EG

Ok, on another listen, I can hear a few differences. :) Have you checked out SqrLead as well? It's around patch 15 in the set. That sounds closer to me, now, but the low frequencies have been filtered out and the top-end opened up a bit, in the song. Could be some portamento added too, to get the glide down to the lower note in the phrase.

EG

Yep, there's a patch called Scream2 UO, in his soundset, that's exactly the same. Actually, most of the sounds in that soundset are awesome, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

P.S: Looks like sawtooth mixed with a Grain Complex wavetable wave, plus another wave for Osc 3, plus unison mode. And various other tweaks. :)

Cheers,

EG

Another vote for more classic analog sounds, particularly early Ultravox-type sounds. eg. ARP Odyssey, Oberheim OB-X, Yamaha CS40.

I'm currently going through all the available sounds to put together a "Vienna" soundset, but I've not found many equivalent sounds, so far. I'll probably go well with arps, but not so well with leads and string-type sounds.

P.S: I did try FlabberBob's recommendation for creating Billy Currie's screaming lead sound, but couldn't get it sounding "stron"g enough. But then I found an existing patch called "SuperFlan", that is the closest I've found, so far. If it's not a commercial patch, I'll post up the details.

Cheers,

EG

I've just listened to a handful of demo videos and it does sound nice, but I didn't hear any sounds that you couldn't do with a Snow or full TI synth. Maybe the Modal would sound a bit warmer, because of the part-analog architecture?

i presume you already have a TI?

Cheers,

EG

Hi Divine,

Have you checked out all the free soundsets from the Download section of the Virus.info website? Or do you mean you don't like the sounds that came with the Snow? I doubt the standard sounds would be that useful for you, but there's a lot of good Trance, Hardstyle and other sounds available for download or purchase. I don't personally know that much about Psytrance sounds, but there's at least two or three commercial soundsets available on the http://www.dancemidisamples.com website, here's a link to one of them:

http://www.dancemidisamples.co…trance-patches-vol-2.html

I've had my Snow for around three years and over that time, have replaced all of the patches with either free patches from Virus.info, or from commercial soundsets that I've purchased. Yes, it has taken a lot of time, but I'm very happy with the results.

Yes, you are able to turn the effects off, for any patch, but it will take a bit of editing in the Effects menu. Do you have a copy of the TI Snow user manual? I don't have my Snow in front of me, but I'm sure it's only a few button presses and knob-turns to disable the effects on a patch. But that won't help much if you don't actually like the sound in the first place.

P.S: I've just listened to a few of your songs - very cool, catchy and professional!

Regards,

EG

Hi folks,

I was wondering if this is a common and logged problem with the Virus plugin Browser. If you do a search in the browser and find a result set, then drag one of the patches into the lower window, to copy it into your Virus, then the result set is messed up and you have to do a page up/down to fix it again. If you happen to be doing a decent bit of patch reorganising, based on patch creator initials, for example, it becomes quite a nuisance.

Cheers,

EG

JS is the initials of the patch creator and Bassic is just the name. :) Once you've downloaded a bunch of patches off the Virus site, you start to get get familiar with who is who. There might even be a list, somewhere...

EG

I've recently bought a used TI Keyboard and found a (slightly) similar problem. Have my drum machine, TI and Snow all connected to my iPad, via MIDI, and occasionally, one of my TI or Snow patches (in a Multi) will suddenly be transposed a random amount. There are no values changed in the menus, but restarting the device fixes the problem. Ive made sure that neither device is sending MIDI messages for knobs and my song doesn't have any CC changes in it. Weird. I suspect it's coming from the TI Keyboard, as it never happened before. It has 5.0.8 installed.

EG

No. If you write down the design and settings for the sounds, you could attempt to recreate them on the TI, but it would take a bit of menu-diving and knob-twiddling...

EG

I'm pretty sure you can download Virus Control Center from the Access website, as part of the Virus O.S update. Once installed on your PC/Mac, you can find the app under the Access folder. You can use it to backup your Virus, update the O.S version and copy any sound library MIDI file or RAM bank into a ROM bank.

Using the VST plugin, you can use the Browser function to copy patches around, including saving RAM patches into a backup MIDI file. I don't think there's a way to create a new file using the browser, but you could duplicate a MIDI file using the PC/Mac and then use it as backup storage.

Cheers,

EG